amortentia(ch.43)

The entire school was beaming towards the end of the day. The Gryffindors victory was one they were very proud of, everyone was over the moon, everyone except the Ravenclaws- they were far too focused on how to win the next game. Paper pink hearts swung from the ceiling of the great hall, the heart shaped table cloths were placed delicately and roses were in the centres of the tables. Valentine's day was only two days away. However because of the the Gryffindor win, red and gold banners hung over their table.

"I think the Ravenclaws actually played rather well" a tired Regulus yawned, attempting to rest his chin on his hand but missing and having to play it off cool.
You laughed at him making his face go red,
"Shut up"

"I agree, i think both teams did good"

Being sat in the Great hall for dinner, the room was bustling with loud Gryffindors all singing and cheering. They were rather annoying. The boy next to you was looking quite pale and had dark circles under his eyes, it was starting to get concerning.

"Y'alright Reggie?" you looked at him as he yawned again,

"Yeah, i'm fine." he shook his head "Just sick of exams, they'll be over soon though" he spoke softly, poking at his food.

Your heart went out to the boy, exams were horrible. "You'll do great Reg, just gotta keep going"

He glanced at you for a second, giving you a side smile, before breathing in deeply and nodding his head. "I'm not even hungry, i'm just gonna go to the common room" the boy got up, getting his stuff as you joined him.

"I'll come with you" He gave you a look which you knew meant 'you don't have to' so you gave him a look back. Reluctantly, he turned to leave, you by his side. The boy was starting to get even taller than he was before, perhaps even taller than Sirius. His hair was growing out and even though was still neat, had a Regulus flare to it, curling at the ends that brushed against his neck.

It had been two months since the incident with his family and since then, he hadn't said a word about anything. Every time his parents were brought up, he'd avoid the conversation no matter what.If you had to be honest you were worried, more and more Slytherins were joining the Dark lord and you were afraid it wouldn't be long before he had to join too.

But he won't join, you won't let him.

Regulus was wearing his Slytherin jumper that was a dark green shade and had the crest around the right side of his chest. His black pants were tailored at the end, just showing you his old leather boots, scuffed and unpolished, the only thing that weren't up to the normal Regulus standard.

Walking side by side out the great hall, you linked your arm in his.

"Do you think animals know they're animals?" he said aimlessly,

"erm, i dunno, maybe" you spoke confused

"I just think it's weird how we all exist-" he paused "don't you?" he turned his looking down at you,

You couldn't but smile, "yeah i guess, but that's just life isn't it"

The boy tiredly smiled back "yeah"

For the rest of the walk, a comfortable silence settled between you both. The type of silence that would only feel right between two people who were the bestest friends. It was nice.

The two of you sat on the couch, reading whilst the fire crackled in the background. The odd first year would walk through the room, looking for a book, then would leave as fast as they could.

You loved reading. It was the perfect amount of peace and quiet, mixed with excitement and joy. You had your legs rested over Regulus', flicking the page over you glanced over at the boy next to you. He was fast asleep. His head was lied on the back of the couch and his lips slightly parted. The book he had been reading was still open in his hands, the two sounds in the room being the fire and his breaths.