classroom boredom (ch.8)

You stepped outside into the courtyard, walking into the warm sunlight and sat next to your red headed friend.

"Hey, you'd never guess who was looking for you- don't worry i didn't lead him here " you stopped as you noticed tears were running down her face.

"Whats wrong? What happened?"You asked as calmly as you could, trying to comfort her. More tears silently cascaded down her rosy cheeks. She shook her head and wiped away the tears from her face. Refusing to look at you.

"Doesn't matter, i'm fine or at least i will be."she said shakily, playing with the bracelet on her wrist.

"Look i'm not pushing you to tell me what's wrong, but i am here for you if you want to tell me. If there's anything i can do to help you, just let me know okay?" you stated, knowing that it'd probably make her feel worse if you made her tell you.

She nodded gently and sadly smiled, turning to look at you "Thank you, you're a good friend (y/n)"" But honestly, i'll be fine " You nodded not really believing her , but respecting her privacy.

You both sat there talking, mostly you. You wanted to cheer her up, Lily was a strong person, so whatever had happend clearly made her upset. After a while of searching around for Lily, the boys gave up and headed for lesson. James & Sirius had defence against the dark arts whilst Remus and Peter had potions, they all parted ways and got to class. You knew that lesson already started but decided to not tell Lily.

"You have got be kidding" she giggled.

"Nope, he was actually dumb enough to give me 8 galleons just to know where you were." You both laughed, before a wave of realisation spread over Lilys face.

"OH Godric, we're gonna be late for first lesson!" she shrieked, standing up and dragging you too.

Lily was practically sprinting whilst you were taking your time, going as slow as possible to piss her off. Meaning Lily had to stop every few seconds to allow you to catch up with her.

"I'm confused, i'm sure Lily said she had this class today" James said worriedly

"Maybe she just said that to trick you" Sirius said laughing at his friend.

"Or maybe she's just late" Potter replied.The two of them burst out laughing.

"Yeah as if Lily would be late"Sirius howled, making them laugh even more. It was about 15 minutes before Lily came in.

When you got to the classroom, everyone was already in their seats- class had already begun.

"I am so sorry that we're late sir, it won't happen again i swear"Lily blurted, making the bespectacled boy laugh at her tardiness.

"Yes ,yes whilst it's your first time being late to my lesson miss Evans i will let you off with a warning however, since this is not your 1st time being late to my lesson miss (l/n) i'm afraid its detention for you" Professor Raywood expressed.

Both Sirius and James laughed at how quickly Lily was to apologise and then running to her seat, leaving you at the front with the professor.

"Oh i look forward to it sir" you said flirtatiously and winked at him making his eyes widen and a  a crimson blush form on his face.

You smirked and took your seat at the back next to Lily, as they were the only two left. Lily had already gotten her books out on the desk and was speedily writing everything that was on the board. You didn't feel the need to do this as you'd already learnt this lesson over the holidays. Your parents made you have a tutor, which was very annoying when you wanted to go out but did come in handy during class.