jealousy can sting(ch.10)

You rolled your eyes, of course he's sat here- now theres two of them i have to deal with. 

The lesson went on like normal, except whenever one boy would talk to you, the other would ask for your help on a question." Hey (y/n) you looked good today, but now that i think about it you look good all the time"Rosier whispered into your ear, making you shiver with how cringey they were being.

"(Y/N) can you help me with this question, i just don't get it and well lets face it your the smartest in here" Sirius said with another wink. You sighed, oblivious to the tension around you.

" Which one?" you asked pointing to the paper. He hesitated for a moment before grabbing your hand and pointing it at a question. His touch gave you butterflies in your stomach and made you want to blush, however you remained calm not showing anything other than surprise.

"This one" he said smugly, intertwining his fingers with yours. You raised an eyebrow and just as you were about to say something the professor spoke once again. 

"Next lesson we will be doing practical work therefore would be advised that you work with a partner, to save time for next lesson i'd like you all to choose your partner now"

" So, i guess were partners then" Sirius said grinning confidently, your hand still in his.

"Well as much as i'd love for that to happen, it seems someone else wants you to be their partner"you said sarcastically nodding at Peter in front of you who was sat there awkwardly. Sirius' grin disappeared and was replaced by him grinding his teeth, jaw clenched- sulking

"So i guess that means that we're, partners then" the blonde boy said mockingly, with a smirk on his face. You would of tater been partners with Sirius but, it's not exactly the end of the world.

The bell rang, dismissing you all once again. You hadn't realised that Sirius still had hold of your hand until you let go. Quickly you left the classroom, looking for Lily. Finally you spotted her, she was walking outside going to the lake no doubt. You walked speedily trying your best to get past the crowds of people eventually making your way outside, searching for her once again and finding her. Just as you were about to head over to her someone grabbed your arm pulling you back, turning you around to face them.

"Leave her, a filthy mud blood like her shouldn't be hanging around with people like us" an unfamiliar Slytherin spat, making him and his gang laugh - everyone apart from Snape. He just looked down sheepishly. Evan was stood with them too, also laughing. You yanked your arm away from him, already raging.

"What the fuck did you just say?"

" Oh c'mon you can't actually want to hang out with someone like her, i mean she brings shame to our kind. Her and her blood traitor friends." he roared getting more annoyed "Especially Black, traitor to his own kind and his family" "If i were you, i'd stay away from them and hang out with people more suited to you"he said smirking, you were still raging, restraining yourself from punching him in the face.

"How about no?"  you huffed

" People like your red-haired friend need to be put in their place , she's probably still crying from this morning" He snickered, looking back at his friends.

"What are you talking about?"you were losing any patience you had left

"Oh she didn't tell you, clearly not as close as you thought then. Yeah well this morning, she was getting a little cocky with us so had to teach her a lesson." Thats the reason she was crying, im so stupid- it was because of them.His friends started laughing again, you decided that you were in fact going to teach them a lesson.

You got out your wand and did the expulso curse on the three boys stood behind the 7th year Slytherin, throwing them through the air and crashing against a wall.

"You little bitch" He snapped, before backhanding you across the face- hard .You felt like crying but wouldn't give him the satisfaction. Your cheek was throbbing and you could taste blood, you spat it out before shaking your head with a smirk.

You picked your wand back up and before he could even cast a single spell you already beat him to it. You cast the confusion spell, making him basically become brain dead for a minute or two, giving you enough time to kick him in the balls and then throw him to the ground. Quickly getting down to his level, you repeatedly punched him in the face to the point you could barely feel your hands.

"Don't you dare talk to me or my friends ever again. If i find out that you or your friends have even spoken about Lily, i swear to Merlin i will kill you." You said threateningly, getting up and blowing the hair out of your face. He simply lied there on the floor sobbing, blood pooling out of his face.When you looked up a crowd had formed around you, all a fair distance away from you.

"MISS (L/N) MY OFFICE, NOW!!" Professor McGonagall screeched.You turned around facing the teachers that had come to see what was going on, their faces all struck with horror. You felt blood on your lips and realised that your nose was bleeding, however you just decided to leave it- walking behind the professor as the others scurried around the boy behind you. 

Your hands felt numb and were covered in blood. Thinking about it now, it probably wasn't the best idea.