Disrupted peace(ch.4)

You glanced at the clock before quickly exiting the hall and making your way to the lake. Luckily Regulus had his head in his book, so was too busy to notice you leaving. You would normally go to the lake to eat or even just to sit and think. Barely anyone ever goes there, and if there are people there they usually leave when they see you arrive.

When you got to the lake no one was there. Thank Merlin, finally i can breathe. You sat down on the bench, finally relaxing now that you were alone. Still craving that little something extra, you pulled out one of your cigarettes and lighter. People drained you. Especially in a setting like the great hall where there's so many, you needed your little breathers every now and again.

Taking in deep breathes, your nerves finally disappeared. You were most yourself when you were alone, you didn't have to pretend. However this peace was disrupted when a familiar voice took you out of your thoughts. Lily

"Hey (y/n), i'm gonna sit next to you now" she said happily, a smile on her face. Before you could reply she sat down anyways.

"Hi Lils" you scoffed
The two of you stayed there for a while, looking at the lake below and enjoying each other's company. You offered her a cigarette and she took one, the both of you sat in the comfortable silence. Every now and again tapping the ash away from your cig.

"So, how was your boyfriend after i left" You said with a smirk on your face taking in another breath of your cigarette.This time she didn't blush just rolled her eyes, however if you looked closely you could see a small smile on her face.

"Wouldn't know. I don't have a boyfriend"

"Hm interesting. What about Dumbledore, i always thought you and him were a thing, now i may not approve of the serious age gap but i support y-" you joked before she burst out laughing

"SHUT UP SHUT UP RIGHT NOW" she cackled as you joined in laughing along with her, when all of a sudden she snorted like a pig.

"what the fuck was that" you managed to get out through your laughing fit.

"Shut up it's my laugh" she said recovering from laughing,"okay i can breathe now".

After that you both decided to go and sit by the tree directly in front of the lake. Lily had got her books out and was revising already. You thought it was best to just leave her to get on with it and not interrupt and just relax. Leaning against a big oak tree, legs crossed over one another looking at the view ahead.

"What do you think you'll want to do in the future?" The red haired girl asked

You hadn't thought about your future much, just guessing you'd figure it out when you needed to. You always saw yourself just living off of the land far away from anyone else, maybe having a van and just driving aimlessly to wherever you wanted to,till eventually you liked a place long enough to live there. Independence was the main thing, you wanted to build your own life for yourself, with nobody else's help. However knowing your parents, that was very unlikely.

"I dunno. Maybe an author or even an aura"

"Two very different careers" she said before laughing "Think i might be a healer. I'm pretty good at charms, but saying that, i'm also really good at potions"

"You have lots of options then"

"It's just all too..soon. Don't you think?" She said worriedly, eyebrows furrowed together looking at you.

"What do you mean?" you asked

"It's just-" she stopped for a second looking for the right words "we're 16 and already thinking about careers and futures. I just feel like i've wasted so much of my life already worrying about the future. I just want to go out and get pissed or just be a kid again. I just don't wanna grow up." she said quickly, as if she'd been waiting for forever to say it. "Y'know?"

You looked at the girl before you. You saw the fear in her eyes as she realised she was growing up. Her light auburn hair moving slightly against the breeze. You knew exactly how she felt. Having that exact conversation with yourself so many times.

"Yeah. But, when you think about it, there's still so much more out there. Memories aren't just for children, they're for you're entire life. To be made and to be remembered. Someone like you has they're entire life ahead them, you already have everything"

"Then why do i feel like i have nothing?" she questioned

"Because my Lily flower" said smiling at her as her cheeks flushed pink "everything and nothing are the exact same thing, they're just different mindsets."

For a moment she took in your words, processing the meanings, you could practically see the clogs in her mind turning, before a small smile crept upon her face "You're so wise" she sulked

"I know, it's a gift"

You watched as she went back to her books, making notes. You began to think about you're own life now. For someone so wise, you were rather hypocritical. You just couldn't see yourself ever actually living the life you wanted. It was just blank. You were great at giving advice to others but you never actually took it yourself. The only thing you wanted to accomplish in your life was simply being happy, which sometimes seemed harder to achieve some days more than others. The pressure of being a Slytherin pureblood was something you knew the redheaded girl next to you would never be able to understand, because at the end of the day, if you were a Slytherin, it was family or nothing.

Which you didn't particularly agree with but, you couldn't speak against it either.

"Did you hear that?" Lily questioned, standing up to see where the noise came from.

"Hear what?"

Loud shouting and whistling became in your earshot. You couldn't recognise who it was but Lily clearly could, her face nearly went as red as her hair as she was bottled with anger, Sitting back down next to you and crossing her arms.

"They're insane" she huffed

"Who are?"

Lily opened her mouth to speak but you were both abruptly interrupted,

"Lady's, it is a pleasure" Someone with a posh voice said, before coming from behind the tree you were sat against. Seeing that it was in fact the same boy from before.

"Potter what do you want?" Lily growled

"Isn't it obvious? You, of course"

————————————————————————