compromise(ch.7)

All the boys decided to go to breakfast early today, and by decided it was Remus waking them up and dragging them to the hall.

None of them were ever really morning people, until they'd had coffee of course.

James kept looking around the room for Lily, however he couldn't see her. Peter was stuffing his face with pastries and fruit, Remus was reading a newspaper whilst drinking his coffee and Sirius was talking to a few of his fangirls. He didn't like them like that but he did enjoy the attention. They were asking him about quidditch and if he's gonna play the next game. Obviously he started talking about it, he loves talking about himself- however he quickly got distracted when a certain someone walked into the room. She really is beautiful he thought to himself . He noticed that other boys saw this too, as he heard whistles coming from around the room. The thing with Sirius was, he knew when to stop. If a girl wasn't taking him on, he's simply let her go and find someone else.

He hadn't realised that he was staring till you looked back at him, he felt himself start to blush- which had never happened to him, it was always the other way around. He composed himself, playing it off cool and winking at you- you just rolled your eyes. Thats one of the things he likes about you, you're probably one of the only girls to not be totally in love with him.

Like usual, you sat down next to his brother. James had also realised that you had come into the room, he thought you might know where Lily is so called you over.Sirius and Remus did the same though, Sirius didn't know why he was shouting you over, probably because he was still daydreaming about you.

"I'll be right back" you said hesitantly to Regulus, who had a scowl on his face. You walked over to where they're sat.

"Okay what do you want?" You demanded, arms crossed.

"No need to be so hostile, i thought we were friends?" James questioned a smirk on his face"actually don't answer that" You stood there with an eyebrow arched as he cleared his throat.

"So i was wondering if you happen to know where Lily is" he said seriously.

You laughed, of course he wants to know were lily is never leaves the poor girl alone.

"Hey why are you laughing?"

" I just think its ironic that ,you being her stalker and all , doesn't  know where she is" You smirked as the other three boys laughed.

" I am not her stalker" he said lowly through gritted teeth.

"I beg to differ. "you said under your breathe which Sirius heard as he burst into laughter."Anyways i might know Lily is, i might not, what exactly would i get in return for sharing what i know?"you asked playfully looking at the group of boys. Remus visually gulped, Peter just looked at you eyes wide ,whilst James took a second to think. You refused to look at Sirius, his eyes were on you once again.However you just knew he was smirking.

"i can give you 1 galleon" James said enthusiastically

"5" You said challengingly narrowing your eyes at him.

"5?! okay how about 2"

"6" You said not backing down

"How about 3?"

"9"

" 4 last offer"

"10" you said eyes still narrowed at him.

"8 galleons and a chocolate frog" he said hopeful.

"Deal and you can keep the chocolate" you said smirking, whilst he passed you the gold coins and you put them in your pocket

"Okay I've done my part now its your turn" he said defeatedly.

" The truth is i don't have a clue where Lily is and i just tricked you into giving me 8 galleons for nothing" you said smugly a grin on your face. Sirius burst out laughing  as well as Peter and Remus. James was speechless ,mouth wide open.

" Well if that's all i better get going, bye boys"you said playfully winking at them before turning on your heels and walking back to your table. You sat back down next to Regulus who still had a scowl on his face.

" So what did my brother and his vexing bunch want with you?"

"Oh nothing just wondering where someone was that's all , whats with that look"

" I just don't like the idea of you being around my brother and his friends- i don't know how you tolerate them" he said going back to eating his breakfast.

" They're not even that bad- yes a bit loud but they're quite funny"

He looked at you in horror, shocked that you'd actually said something nice about his brother. "He's the type of guy who's make fart jokes and laugh at them, he is not funny"he scoffed

"Oh no i completely see what you mean, however, they are funny..sometimes"

"You know what," he said with a fake smile, putting his food down " I'm not even gonna argue with you"

"Thank you Reggie" you said sarcastically " means a lot. Anyways, i'm gonna head to lesson see you later" you got up and gently patted the boy on the shoulder as you said goodbyes.

Walking to your first lesson of the day, you put on your poker face. The younger years cowering away from you and the older ones just letting you through. Made you feel sort of happy when they did this. You had no reason to hurt them or anything but just the fact that they were scared of you made you feel good. 

The day was nice out today, sun shining and a slight breeze brushing past you. You had DADA first lesson, which wasn't too bad, you enjoyed the lesson, the teacher was kind of a bore though. You passed the courtyard and was about to continue walking when you spotted someone with familiar fiery hair. Stopping to look closer, you saw that it was in fact Lily.