Hidden truths(ch.19)

What the actual fuck is wrong with him? Why on earth would he say that?

As soon as the words left his mouth, Sirius looked deep into your eyes as in question, you looked away yanking the t-shirt out of the blonde idiots hands, who was deeply smirking.

"You slept with him?" Sirius asked anger written all over his face. All the guilt and regret that you blocked out from this morning was crashing back up.

"Sirius i-" you looked at him apologetically

"Don't" he interrupted" I don't know what i expected, of course you slept with him. Just in your nature innit?" he laughed scornfully, shaking his head at you. Your heart sank, you'd fucked up.

"Why the fuck are you even bothered? I've only known you for two days and you're acting like we're fucking married!"You roared.

Why am i like this? this is all my fault.

"You know what, YOU'RE RIGHT! I DON'T FUCKING CARE, ABOUT YOU, ABOUT LAST NIGHT ABOUT ANY OF IT" he yelled, people had started noticing the two of you arguing and formed a crowd around you both.

"GOOD! COZ NEITHER DO I!"

"C'mon y/n lets go, don't waste your time around someone like him. Pathetic Gryffindors and their anger issues" Rosier whispered in your ear

"whatever " you muttered turning on your heels and pushing your way through the crowd, Evan right next to you.

"I'll ,always have your back y/n don't worry. You have to be careful who you can trust these days"

"Yeah..i guess" and with that you went to you next lesson and carried on with your day.

timeskip

For over 2 months you and Sirius didn't speak. Every now and then either of you would glance in the others direction, but you never spoke. As far as you knew, Sirius started dating someone new every week, getting bored and moving onto the next. You had to admit, it hurt seeing him flirting with all the other girls. You missed walking into a room and him being there, giving you his signature wink or even just sitting beside him. After the argument, he moved seats and sat next to Peter. You couldn't blame him, this was all your fault. You chose to fuck things up, even if you did think he overreacted.

Without intending to, you and Evan became closer. Mostly just fucking, well at least that's what it was to you. Although Lily didn't approve of your 'friendship' with Rosier, she still respected your choices. Somehow. Meaning the two of you were still best friends. However, this still didn't replace the aching loneliness that lived within you. You tried to stop the cutting, but you couldn't. It was like you had to do it. Still, no one had noticed.

It was nearly the end of the month and you had finally finished your detentions with McGonagull. She'd made you do an extra month as the parents didn't think 1 was enough for punishment. She wasn't actually that bad to be around. On top of the detentions you also had to clean the library, which didn't take as long as you thought it would. During this time you spoke to Remus a lot more,he was a prefect to your surprise and also had to help. He was very funny and you got on quite well. As for the rest of the Marauders, you started talking to them a lot more. Well all of them apart from Sirius, he was still avoiding you.

-----

It's October 30th. The night before Hallowe'en. You'd been invited to a party, luckily Hallowe'en was on a Saturday this year, therefore you could get pissed and have the weekend to recover. Astonishingly, you had actually convinced Lily to come. You'd never liked Hallowe'en, bad things always happened on that day.

You were currently walking to your common room, a certain Gryffindor by your side. You'd just come back from the library with Lily and asked her if she wanted to stay in your room. The main reason you'd asked her was so you could interrogate her about her possible secret relationship with Potter ,but also because you just didn't want to be alone tonight.

Whispering the password and entering the Slytherin common room, you took a big sigh. Thank Merlin, no ones there.

"C'mon and try to be quiet" you whispered over your shoulder, she nodded and crept behind you. It's not that other people from different houses weren't allowed in it's just, considering Lilys family and her house, it was probably best if you didn't run into anyone on the way. Finally you got to your room, opening the door she quickly snook in.

"So that's what the Slytherin common room looked like, got to admit, it's much cosier than i imagined." She said, eyes scanning across your room.

"And what exactly did you imagine? A pitch black, icy,Gothic manor?"you laughed putting your stuff away.

"Well yes"she laughed" you definitely got the icy part right, i mean it's freezing down here" she shivered, moving to your bookshelf.

"Guess i'm used to it"you replied

"Wow, you have a lot of books, it's like your own mini library"

"Yeah, i wish. If there's a book that you want from there you can take it, just give it me back when you've read it"

"Really?! Thank you so much, hm which should i read first" she gasped gazing at the shelves of books in front of her making you laugh. After a while she finally chose one, it was one of your muggle books that you'd bought. 'how to kill a mockingbird' she'd left it on your drawer so she wouldn't forget it in the morning.

The both of you got ready for bed and climbed in, luckily you had a double bed so there was plenty of room. She confessed that her and James had been on a date and that he was growing on her, a little.

"So why did you want me here, besides to get the gossip of course" she asked, lying on her side.

"I just thought it might be fun. You've never seen the Slytherin common room and well its a new experience." you lied, you hated being alone the night before. One day maybe i'll tell her, i'm not ready yet .

"Oh definitely, you'll be coming in the Gryffindor common room next" she laughed

"I doubt that, not many people like me there"

"Not many people like me here, yet well, here i am"

you chuckled"Yeah i guess you're right" You could feel yourself starting to drift off when she spoke again.

"Y/n ?" she asked

"hmn" you hummed, slowly falling asleep but trying to stay awake.

"Sirius doesn't hate you" she whispered" I think he's just too proud and too stubborn to talk to you"she yawned.

With that comment you opened your eyes.
"Wait how did you-"
She was now snoring away. He doesn't hate me, well that's a first .I hope we can be friends again.was your last thought before closing your eyes and also drifting into peaceful sleep.