CHAPTER 67

AZ
Song: Comfortable - H.E.R.

I end up getting Afi a singing toy and some candy. I can't bring myself to buy a cat thingy... Yeah, I hate cats that much.

RCC sent a message round yesterday, saying the members of the examination classes have to congregate at school tomorrow for some sort meeting. Finally! Let's get this over and done with.

I struggle to wrap up the gifts but I suck at that so I end up shoving them in the nicest paper I can find. During breakfast, Shura eats almost half of the food along with two mugs of milk even though she's not feeling well.

Um... OK.

She must be on some sort of weight gaining quest but hey... It's none of my business. I watch TV till 1pm, an hour to the birthday party before heading upstairs to change. I change into a pair of jeans and a grey black tee along with my betula sandals. My hair is a mess right now but I can't decide if I want to cut it again or just keep growing an afro. Thing is, if I keep with the afro, I'll be back to the painful combing.

Oh God...

I force the hair into my bucket hat before grabbing my gift, my phone and heading downstairs.

"Shura... Shura..." I call out as I tap her lap in an attempt to wake her up but she seems so deep so I just head out the door, into my car and drive.

Kacely's place has been decorated with so much pink that it makes me dizzy. Just when I thought there couldn't be more pink in the world... Boom! To make it worse, most of the decorations are of cats. There are about twenty kids here already and they are all focused on the TV. When I get inside I almost step on Garfielda... again.

"Kacely! Your girlfriend's here" his mom announces when she sees me. "Hello Az"

"Hi Abena" I smile "Um... Where's Afiba?"

"In her room. She said she won't be coming out till everyone arrives, she wants everyone to see her dress and go wow at the same time" she explains and we giggle.

Kacely comes down the stairs and hugs me before taking the bag from me.

"Did you see the communiqué your school sent round?" He asks me

"Mhmm. We have to be in school tomorrow"

"How do you feel about that?"

"I'm not exactly looking forward to it" he chuckles as we climb the stairs to his room. "You know I haven't seen any of our classmates since... Since the party" he tells me.

"Yeah you're right... But don't think about it too much" I smile

"I didn't tell you this but... I actually punched Bryan that day..."

"You did what?" I laugh.

"I was so pissed at him, like he's really annoying"

"Tell me about it" I giggle. "Well it really doesn't matter anyway, we have at most two months to be with them in the same class. After that, it'll all be ancient history."

"I don't hate the whole class... Just Bryan. Well I don't even hate him, I just don't like him"

"Not liking someone means you hate them" I say and he pulls me to his lap.
"I'm happy you don't want to leave anymore. I don't want you to not be around."

"Me too" I smile and play with the button on his shirt

"Do you have any idea what you want to do in university now?" He asks me

"No" I shake my head

"OK, but do you like know which university you might go to?"

"No Zacchy. Remember I told you I wasn't sure if I'll go to college?"