CHAPTER 4

I dedicate this chapter to my darling sister and friend . Who's going through a rough time in her life. May God give her the strength to get through it.😔🙏🏾

This one's for you Nyi❤️

AZ
Song: Lonely Together- Avīci ft Rita Ora

I don't say anything. I'll torture him for a little while before I tell him anything, he's being too curious.

"Do you like get bad dreams at night?"

What?

I laugh and shake my head in denial.

"What is it then?" He asks and raises his head, looking  straight at me.

"My life." I finally answer and he looks more confused.

"Your life?" he repeats and sits on the chair beside me with a puzzled look in his dark eyes.

"Yes..."

"Why would you call your life a nightmare?"

"Because it is... you're asking too many questions."

"Why do you think that?" he asks curiously, ignoring my complain.

"Too many reasons."

"I don't get it." he says shaking his head. "Nobody should feel that way."

"People go through unbelievable shit. Stuff that make you want to jump off a cliff and end it all together."

"That's a very drastic step."

"Maybe, but people get pushed to the edge sometimes"

"Yeah maybe, but there's always hope." he tells me softly.

"Let's not go down that road." I close the topic and fold my legs on the chair. He opens his mouth to say something but then stops himself. The silence takes over again as I twine some of my hair with my fingers. He looks at me for a few moments, definitely wondering what has made me look at life this way and a part of me wants to tell him.

But that's none of his business. He doesn't need to know shit about me.

"Where's the other one?" He asks.

I stand up and shift the right side of my jean shorts down along with the ribbon tied at the side of my panties. He looks at me quizzically, trying to understand what I'm doing.

"Don't worry" I chuckle. "I'm not trying to get naked. The tattoo's on my groin" I say and move closer to him.

"Its a writing?" He says looking at it and I nod. " AZZOE?" he reads and I try to push the memories of the day Zoe and I got our matching tattoos.

We were fourteen then, and we skipped school just to get them. It was the first time we smoked weed and she made us promise each other it would be the last but that obviously didn't hold up. The tattoos were to seal our undying sisterhood. I scoff at the memory of it all and how things have unfolded with time.

"What does it mean" he asks with his hands still in his pockets.

"It's the name of my favourite girl band back in Australia." I lie "It's really local. Nothing big."

"Yet you got a tattoo of them?" He asks with a baffled look.

"Yeah... they sing well" I shrug.

"Can I... Can I touch it?" his voice is shaky.

"Sure Kacely"

He brings his thumb towards it but withdraws it and we both giggle.

"You touched the others so why are you hesitant about touching this one?"