CHAPTER 40

AZ
Song: There's nothing holding me back.

🎶Oh I've been shaking, I love it when you go crazy
You take all my inhibitions
Baby there's nothing holding me back...

You take me places that tear out my reputation
Manipulate my decisions

Baby there's nothing holding me back!🎶

This is the best song for this chapter!!♥️
••••••••••••••••
"I can't believe Gramps! What an amazing birthday present! He shouldn't have bothered at all. And I bet he did it on purpose."

"Why would you think he did it on purpose?" Kacely frowns slightly.

"I don't know... Maybe to get back at me for the whole ditching the birthday party thing." I exhale and take out my phone.

"I don't think he'll do that." Kacely contradicts.

"Pfttt... OK." I reply and head straight to Google.

"I may not know him but he seemed like a pretty cool old man."

"What other explanation do you have for this?"

"Maybe he didn't know it'll be this bad?" He shrugs.

"Well... Maybe... But he'll still pay for this." I state. He'll have to bribe me really good to have me put this behind me.

"What are you doing?" Kacely asks

"Going online to give that resort a one star rating."

"You're still about that place?" He laughs. "Just let it go."

"Hell no! I'll give it a one star rating and leave a comment that will protect anybody else from going through what we went through. I hope a landslide happens and it just crumbles to the ground."

"You're straight up evil." He shakes his head with a giggle.

"I never pretended to be otherwise." I say with a fake smile.

We drive all the way back to Foumban and drop by three hotels which are fully booked before arriving at one that had two empty rooms. The rooms are expensive and I swear that Gramps will cover all the charges, and that won't even count as compensation for what he had me go through at that haunted house called a resort.

By the time we get checked in, it's already 11:23pm and Kacely was already sleeping in the cab. I on the other hand have to book a room for the driver because his house is too far away from here and he has really helped us out.

Gramps I swear to you that you are going to refund every single franc I spent today. When I pay and turn around, Kacely is sleeping on the sofa in the lobby while the driver is yawning ear to ear. I feel terrible for dragging them through this, especially Kacely. This isn't at all what I wanted, I have to make up for the stress I've put him through.

"Tes clés ma chérie." The woman behind the counter smiles and hands me two sets of keys. "Bonne nuit."

"Merci." I answer and walk up to the driver.

"Merci pour tous que vous avez fait pour nous." I smile at the cab driver.

"De rien." He smiles and takes his keys before heading upstairs to his room.

"Kace... Kace... Kacely." I call out and rub his cheek with my thumb causing his eyes to shoot open. "Let's go to our room."

"What time is it?" He asks and stretches his arms while yawning.

"Almost midnight." I chuckle.

"Seriously?" He asks while blinking rapidly and checks his phone. "Jesus."