CHAPTER 45

AZ
Song: Savage love - Jason Derulo

Days pass and Kacely doesn't pay me the slightest attention. He doesn't even seem to care at all about me.

Why? Because of what happened in the library? He can't blame me for that. I wasn't expecting him to go all mushy on me. I admit it, this may be more than a fuck buddy relationship, maybe... possibly... I don't even know anymore. But he used the L word! The fucking L word! That changes everything.

I didn't even know how to react to that. I didn't expect him to just put it out there like that and now I ended up ruining it.
The Chemistry teacher is taking too much time talking about whatever it is he's talking about. I want him to leave already so I can go talk to Kacely. I miss the idiot and I hate it when he ignores me, it's so annoying. I usually ignore people, not the other way around.

Usually I would be worried about the rest of the class seeing us talking to each other but it doesn't matter anymore. They already know and after what happened between Bryan and I, they all should know better than to ask me about anything.

The automatic bell signalling the end of the day and commencement of the now imposed prep time for the examination classes sounds and everyone heads for the cafeteria to get something to eat that will suffice for the three hours of compulsory reading.

I too need to get something to eat, but not before I talk to Kacely. I shove my books into my bag pack hurriedly as I watch him get up from his chair.

"Kacely! Kace..." I call as he walks out with Bryana. I know he can hear me. "Zacchy!" I voice out, gaining his attention. He stops and I hurry towards him. The look on his face makes it beyond obvious that he has nothing but disinterest in talking to me.

Bryana stares at me and then looks at him, wondering. Did he tell her about what happened in the library? Why does she look somewhat confused with  what's happening.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I ask, my gaze switching between Bryana and him.

"OK?" He breathes.

"Bry can you give us a minute?" I ask her. She looks at him and he gives a look as to say "it's OK" before she looks at me and leaves.

What was that about?

"What do you want Az?" He ask, shoving his hands into his side pockets and leaning against the wall.

"How've you been?" I smile

"Seriously?" He creases his brows

"Yes..."

Why is he making this harder?

"I've never been better" he smiles, sarcasm thick in his expression.

OK...

"I wanted to ask you about tomorrow."

"What about it?"

"Our math class...?"

"Who said we'll be having a class tomorrow?"

Huh?

"I just assumed since we're in school on Saturdays, we'll meet on Sunday instead?"

"Why'd you assume that?" He asks me

"It just made sense." I say nervously and he scoffs. "When will you be coming over?" I add, while still nervous.

"I won't be coming over." He states.

"Why not? Do you... Do you have something to do?"

"No."

"So why not?"