CHAPTER 26

I dedicate this chapter to my darling friend . She's been supportive from day one. I'm grateful Cucu❣️ thanks so much.

Enjoy!

KACELY
Song: Weak heart - Zara Larsson

After math class, I wait for everyone to leave the class before I try to talk to Az. She's packing her bag and chewing gum with her headsets on.

"Az," I call but she doesn't hear me, so I touch her shoulder and she looks up at me. Something seems odd about her; it's not the stern frown on her face, her eyes and lips are swollen. Was she crying?

"What do you want Kacely?" She exhales softly as she takes off her headsets.

"Are... Are you ok?" I ask.

"I'm fine." She replies dismissively.

"Are you sure?" I press and she looks at me, more angrily.

"Didn't you hear me? I said I'm fine. Besides what's it to you?"

Does she have to be so rude all the time? All I did was ask her if she was ok.

"You look like you were crying or something."

"That's none of your business." She says and stands up, picking her bag in her hand.
"Go away, I don't want to talk to you."

"What on earth is your problem?! Why do you always have to be so rude?!"

"Don't raise your voice at me!"

"Why not? It's not like you don't do the same to me all the time. You're always so rude to me!"

"Then why are you even here?! If I'm always mean to you then why do you keep coming back?!" She yells.

I know she's rude, and I'm honestly getting used to it but today is extra.
I exhale and calm my nerves down, I need to remember that she's actually doing me a favour by teaching me so I shouldn't raise my voice at her.

"I wanted to ask if you're still up for the... for the Maths class tomorrow."

"What a polite way to ask." She rolls her eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to shout. It's not like you weren't raising your voice too." I fire back.

"I'm not doing this with you Kacely,"

"Wait..." I plead and grab her arm as she tries to leave. She looks at my hand on her arm and then frowns at me.
"Sorry," I repeat and loosen my grip. "Please Az, I really need your help. I've been understanding more since you taught me and I really want to get my grades up. I need to get at least an E in the exam."

"An E? Who on earth targets an E?"

"Not everyone's a math genius like you. Some of us just need a pass."

"Well you should have thought about that before yelling at me." She replies.

"I already said I'm sorry." I repeat for the Nth time. "Can we still meet tomorrow?"

She looks up at me and then exhales deeply. God I hope she agrees.

"I don't know. If we have to meet up, it has to be a bit later. At 4pm or so, I want to be alone first. However if I do not show up do not call my phone."

"Why won't you show up?" I ask.

"It's just never enough with you is it? Why do you always have to ask such prying questions?! You are so annoying, you're more annoying than a nagging wife!" She shouts, puts on her headphones and leaves the room.

This short infuriating girl! She is so... God! How can she compare me to a nagging wife?
I'm completely pissed off by the way she talked to me. It's so annoying, but I'm more concerned with why she was crying. She won't talk to me about it, I know she won't so it's better I stop beating myself up.