CHAPTER 53

I dedicate this chapter to my house cap and my darling friend who joined Wattpad just to read my book. Thanks for the support girls❣️

Az
Song: Stars- The XX

As the cab drives us to wherever Kacely is taking me, he keeps talking and talking about whatever but I can't even hear him. I keep chewing on my fingernails out of nervousness. When I think about the fact that Kacely and I are together now, it doesn't even make sense. I met this guy on New Year's Eve and we hooked up in a stranger's shed, but here we are.
He wound up at my school... One thing let to another and now we're dating???

It doesn't make sense. I look up at him and he's still talking and laughing at something I didn't even hear him say. I smile at him and scoot closer before lacing my fingers through his.

"It's already 3:58pm, means we'll not be able to be out long because of the curfew at 6pm. This COVID eh" he sighs.

"Tell me about it. I'll be alone at home till tomorrow. Unless you want to sleep over?"

"No, I can't sleep over" he laughs. "But I'll video call you as soon as I get home and I'll come over tomorrow. We can go watch a movie or something?"

"I honestly prefer staying at home" I confess

"I think you've been at home for long enough, don't you?" He asks

"Not really... Maybe. Point is, as long as I'm with you it's fine." I say and he smiles before kissing me swiftly.

I can't believe I'm the one saying all these cheesey ass things. I used to hate cheesy scenes in movies, I'd always fast forward them because they used to irk me so much. I don't listen to Ed Sheeran because he's always about love and whatever. I even used to forward the tracks on Phora's albums that spoke about love, but here I am.

The cab pulls up infront of a brown and white building with the name Foodies Avenue.

"Come on" Kacely smiles after opening the door for me. I might just get used to this. He collects his change from the cabman and snakes his arm round my waist as we walk in.

"Az, you can sit down and order, I'm going to ease myself."

"OK" I smile as I take in my surroundings.

The inside is warm and inviting. The chairs are grey in colour and so are the tiles. There are a few vases with flowers around and it's OK but what catches my eye is a painting of a dark skin woman on the wall.
She's sitting down on the dusty ground with an African print wrapper wrapped round her waist. There's a bleeding wound on her back and she's looking behind. Not completely but enough for me to see the tear running down her eye. She has a tattoo on her back, right where my ying-yang tattoo is and the cut is directly under it.

I stand there, I legit stand there for at least a minute, just looking at the portrait. Just taking it in. Before I know it, I'm standing infront of the piece of art. I use my fingers to trace the bleeding wound on her brown skin and even the tattoo, it feels so real to me. It's only then that I notice the knife in her hand. Did she cut herself?

"Az?" I hear Kacely call from over my shoulder. I look behind me and he has a worried look on his face. "Are you OK? What are you doing there? Why are you crying?" He asks and takes steps towards me.

"What? No..." I reply quickly and swipe my finger across my eyes. I was crying, why?

"Is something wrong? Did something happen?"

"No... No..." I tell him "I was just looking at this painting. It really, it caught my eye."

"Are you sure you're OK?"