Chapter 61: Weakened Wills

3rd Person POV:

Snow continues to fall as Team RWBY, Y/N, Qrow, and Maria all look at Ozpin, who's still looking down tears streaming down his face.

Yang: Salem can't be killed...you all heard her too, right?

Ozpin: I--

Yang: (enraged) There was so much you hadn't told us! How could you think that was okay?!

Ozpin doesn't say anything, he just hangs his head back down in shame.

Ruby: Professor... (Ozpin looks up at her) What is your plan to defeat Salem?

Ozpin: I... don't have one...

Suddenly, Qrow punches Ozpin in the face, sending him into a nearby tree trunk.

Qrow: No one wanted me... I was cursed... I gave my life to you because you gave me a place in this world... I thought I was finally doing some good...

Ozpin: (tearfully) But, you are!

Qrow: Meeting you... was the worst luck of my life...

Ozpin stares back in disbelief upon hearing Qrow say that, before looking down dejected.

Ozpin: Maybe you're right...

Ozpin's eyes glow as control is transferred back to Oscar, who then holds his cheek in pain from the effects of Qrow's punch.

Ruby: What happened?

Oscar: He's... gone.

Yang: That bastard! Tell him we're not done yet!

Oscar: No, this is different. He's gone. It--It's like he's locked himself deep inside my head. Our head?

Oscar: (grunts as he holds his head in pain) I hate this! I want it to stop!

Weiss: He just left us?

Blake: What are we gonna do now?

Y/N: ....

Yang growls in anger.

Maria: Enough! We need to get move on. It'll be dark before we know it, and every one of you is spewing negativity!

Maria: (helps Oscar up with her cane) There's a trail over there, trails usually lead somewhere.

Yang: Lady, I don't know who you think you are but--

Y/N: Yang. (Yang turns to her) She's right we can't stay here.

Yang: But Y/N--

Y/N: I'm upset with him too, but if we don't move now we'll either die by the Grimm or freeze to death.

Yang: (scoffs) Fine.

Maria: Glad to see some of you are able to keep a level head through all this.

Ruby: (to everyone) She's right. We need to go.

Everyone grabs their belongings and whatever Dust they can carry with them. Maria sits on Bumblebee as Yang walks her bike. Ruby and Y/N walk over to Oscar and hands over the handle of his cane.

Y/N: You okay?

Oscar: (grabbing the cane) I'm just going to be another one of his lives, aren't I?

Ruby: (puts her hand on his) Of course not. You're your own person.

Qrow: Don't lie to him, Ruby. (drinks from his flask) We're better than that.