Chapter 8: Unclear Bond

Y/N POV:

A few weeks has passed since my goal to get Maria was made, I've been training myself to better understand and remember how to properly use Asuna.

Right now we're heading to the Docks in Vale due to Weiss wanting to see the preparations for the Vytal Festival.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss.

Ruby: It's kinda weirding me out...

Y/N: Is it really that amazing?

Weiss: Of course! How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament!

Weiss: Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

We continue walking near the docks.

Yang: (sighs, arms crossed) You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Weiss: Quiet, you!

Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby: Ugh, they smell like fish!

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss: You can't prove that!

I turn to see a crime scene with a Dust Shop window broken with police tape being put up by detectives.

We all walk up to the scene.

Ruby: What happened here?

Detective #1: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle.

Yang: That's terrible.

Detective #2: They left all the money again.

Y/N: (Just like with Roman)

Detective #1: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?

Detective #2: I don't know, an army?

Detective #1: You thinking the White Fang?

Detective #2: (removing his sunglasses) Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough.

Weiss: Hmph! The White Fang.

Weiss: (crosses her arms) What an awful bunch of degenerates!

Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths.

Blake: (crosses her arms) They're a collection of misguided Faunus.

Weiss: Misguided? They want to wipe Humanity off the face of the planet!

Y/N: (I thought they only wanted equality)

Blake: So then they're very misguided. Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a Dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale!