Chapter 49: Improving

3rd Person POV:

The sounds of a motorcycle can be heard echoing through a forest in Anima as its revealed to be Yang riding Bumblebee with her passenger being Shay D. Mann.

Yang: How much further, pal?

Shay: This should just about do it.

They stop at a clearing as Shay hops off the bike.

Shay: You wait here. I'll go up ahead and make sure the coast is clear.

He runs into the bushes while Yang shakes her head in annoyance and discards her sunglasses, sleeve and coat tails before stretching a little.

Suddenly, someone pulls the trigger of a gun and Yang blocks the shot with her arm. Shay reappears with several bandits in tow.

Shay: I can't believe you were dumb enough to let me lead you here.

The bandits all draw their weapons and aim at Yang.

Yang: Is this everyone?

Shay: (chuckling) Yes, little lady. This is it. Well, unless you count the whole rest of the camp back that way.

He gestures behind him with his thumb. Yang points a finger in the same direction.

Yang: That way?

Shay: (grunting in confusion and looking at his tribe mates first) Yes. That way.

Yang: Good to know. Thanks.

Shay: (approaches Yang while punching his fist as he says this) Now to pay me back for this tooth, we're going to take your bike. And you're going to take your lumps.

Yang engages Ember Celica on her left arm. The bandits get cautious and keep their weapons trained on her.

Shay: (aiming his gun) You got the jump on me last time, sweetheart. But you really ought to think twice about fighting all--

He cuts off when Yang engages the gun on her robotic arm. The rest of the bandits gasp.

Shay: Alright...Get her!

They all rush at Yang, who approaches the first bandit as he tries to attack her with his bayonetted rifle as Yang kicks at his legs to knock him off balance and punches him into the ground.

A second bandit tries to swipe at her with his machete but she dodges with a cartwheel in order to kick his arm away and doges another swipe before kicking him away.

She then uses her prosthetic to block a barrage of bullets from a group of bandits firing their rifles, before proceeding to kick off another machete-wielding bandit to backflip and knocking all the rifle-wielding bandits down with a twirling kick.

A female bandit tries to engage Yang in hand-to-hand, but she is knocked down by Yang's prosthetic. Yang uses her metal arm again to block a strike from another machete bandit, before uppercutting him with said arm.

She then steps on Shay's foot, knocking him to the ground, before Yang delivers a left twirling kick to a trio of bandits that try to attack her from behind.

As Yang tosses another bandit to the ground, Shay gets back up and fires his pistol at Yang, who dodges the shot before glaring at him.

She knocks out the two remaining bandits before using her Ember Celica to project herself towards Shay. Now completely out of bullets the last bandit standing prepares to use the blade part of his weaponto try and slash at Yang as she gets closer.