Chapter 65: Pushing Forward

3rd Person POV:

In Argus, Jaune, Nora, Saphron, Ren and L/N are walking down a sidewalk at night.

Jaune: Oscar!

L/N: Pine!

Nora: (calling out) Oscar?

Ren: This city's enormous, he could've gone anywhere.

Jaune: This is all my fault... I overreacted.

Saphron: I still don't really understand what happened. Was it about the mission?

Nora: It's... kind of hard to talk about.

Saphron: I know, I know, "top secret". Did he... do something wrong?

Jaune: No... he didn't. We just got some new information and... it's going to be a lot harder than we thought.

Saphron: I mean, if it was easy, then it wouldn't be important. Right?

Ren: I think we're all just a bit unsure of what to do next.

Saphron: You could... stay in Mistral, get your licenses at Haven, and come back to Argus. There's a lot of good you can do here.

Saphron: I know your mission is important, but it's not like you're the only ones who can do it. It's not the only mission that needs doing.

Jaune: It's... not that simple.

Saphron lingers a bit behind while Jaune, Ren, Nora, and L/N walk forward, before turning around to look back at her.

Saphron: Well, uh... I should go pick up Adrian from daycare. I'll let Terra know what's happened, and we'll meet you later. Good luck.

The three Team JNPR members watch Saphron leave before looking down sadly.

Nora: Hey, there's a cafe over there. Why don't we get something to warm up?

Jaune: I'm okay. You three go on ahead.

L/N: I don't need anything either.

Ren and Nora watch Jaune walk away with sad looks on their faces. Jaune takes a seat on a nearby bench.

Nora: You sure you don't want anything either Y/N?

L/N: Yes, I'll be fine.

Ren: Then....We'll be right back.

Ren and Nora walk away, leaving the two alone as L/N sits with Jaune at the bench, a silence passes between them before speaking up.

Jaune: How do you do it Y/N?

L/N: Do what?

Jaune: Ya know? Keep calm and stay strong despite everything.

L/N: I'm only feeling calm now because of what the Apathy did to me.

Jaune: Well, yeah there's that but when the Fall happened you saved Pyrrha and even fought Cinder alone.

Jaune: Weren't you afraid at all?

L/N: I was. Before the only thing that used to drive me in the past was my need for revenge against Cinder.

L/N: She killed my family, my friends, my entire village and I survived due to sheer luck and unlocked my semblance and the first thought that occured when I got this power was revenge.

Jaune: W-What did you do to get revenge?

L/N: I've killed and killed, I killed without ceasing, I killed until I managed to seal away my emotions to stop caring.