Chapter 52: Old and New Times

3rd Person POV:

In the Mistral household, The three members of Team RWBY with Y/N along with the remaining members of Team JNPR all sit at the dinner table having a happy conversation enjoying being in each others company again.

Yang: (laughs to Jaune) How do you lose your map at a time like that?

Jaune: Believe me, I've asked myself the same thing ever since.

Yang, Weiss, Y/N and Ruby laugh, while Jaune smiles and giggles sheepishly.

Nora: Hey, but you made up for it, Mister Muscles! You shoulda seen this guy take a giant Grimm head on!

Jaune: I couldn't have done it without Ruby wearing it down.

Ruby: I was only able to stall for that long because of how fast Y/N was with her cool silver wings.

Y/N: (shaking her head while blushing) I didn't do that much compared to Ren.

Ruby: Yeah, he was completely out of control!

Ren: I'm sorry, I may have lost my temper momentarily.

Ruby: No, no! Out of control as in "awesome"!

Ren: Oooohhh. (smiles) Thank you.

Everyone at the table bursts into laughter.

As dinner continues, Weiss tells her story about how she accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk during the Schnee charity ball.

Ruby: (gasps) You did not!

Weiss: (placing her face in her hands outta embarssment) Yeah, right in the middle of the party.

Yang: Please tell me you let that lady have it.

Weiss: Of course not! Even if I did really want to.

Nora: (crossing her arms, skeptical) No way, I don't believe it.

Weiss summons her Boarbatusk right next to Nora. The Grimm summon growls, causing Nora to yelp and fall to her side. Weiss, Yang, Jaune and Ren all laugh.

As dinner nearly finishes, Yang shows off her robotic prosthetic arm to the rest of the group. All of them react in awe with the exception of Y/N, who's trying to hide her saddened expression with a small smile.

Yang: It's not a replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it.

Jaune: That's amazing.

Ren: Incredible.

Ruby gets all starry-eyed and quickly zooms over to her sister's side to admire her arm.

Ruby: (holding Yang's arm up) And it's just as strong?

Yang: Hm, sure is.

Suddenly, they hear a bang on the table. Nora has her arm out ready to arm wrestle.

Nora: Wanna bet?

Weiss: Nora, please, now's not the time...

Despite Weiss' protest, Yang and Nora arm wrestle. Jaune and Ren cheer on Nora while Ruby and Y/N cheer on Yang, Weiss on the other hand looks on disdainfully.

Jaune: Don't let her beat you! You can do it! Come on!

Ren: You can do this! Show 'em what Team JNPR's made of!

Y/N: You got this Yang! She's got nothing on you!

Ruby: C'mon, sis! Aw, you can't lose to a girl in a skirt!