Chapter 55: Battle Of Haven PT.1

Y/N POV:

It's been two weeks since I told the others how I was really feeling, I fully recovered from the cuts as the others have been keeping a close watch on me especially Ruby, Yang, and Weiss.

Everytime I go off somewhere alone I usually get scolded by the three of them for making them worry.

I've stopped cutting myself and started talking to the others whenever I feel lonely and they've been nothing but kind to me.

Right now, Ruby and I are walking to meet up with Qrow and Ozpin/Oscar to ask some questions about the relic and Maidens.

Ruby: You ready, Y/N?

Y/N: Mmhm. B-But...why are you holding my hand so tightly?

Ruby: N-No reason.

Y/N: Ruby, I'm okay.

Ruby: Are you sure?

Y/N: Yeah, I'm not going to leave this time.

Ruby: Promise?

Y/N: Promise.

I kiss her forehead as she starts blushing before turning away from me.

Ruby: (embarassed) L-Let's go.

We head upstairs to the living room as we see Qrow and Ozpin/Oscar enjoying some tea with each other.

Ruby: Um, excuse me?

Ozpin: Ah, Miss Rose, join us. We were just about to gather everyone to discuss our next steps.

Ozpin: I'm glad to see you've recovered nicely Miss L/N.

Y/N: Y-Yes, I'm feeling a lot better than before.

Qrow: So, something on your minds kiddos?

Ruby: Uh... uh, it's... if it's okay to ask.

Qrow: Of course.

Ruby: Well, uh... we've been talking about the Relic at Haven... and the Spring Maiden, but... what about the Fall Maiden?

Ozpin: Cinder?

Y/N: If the vault at Beacon requires the Fall Maiden, does that mean Salem has already gotten the relic?

Ozpin and Qrow share a brief look with each other.

Ozpin: Very astute the both of you, I was wondering who would be the first to ask. No, thankfully she does not. It's true that the Relic at Haven is very much at risk, and for now, that should remain our primary focus.

Let's just say I made finding the Relic at Beacon a... bit more challenging than at the other schools.

Ruby: Oh. (sighs in relief) That's good to hear.

Ozpin: It is, but let's not forget the challenges that still lie before us.

Y/N & Ruby: Right.

Ruby: Oh, uh... well, I did have one more question.

Ozpin: No, my cane is not a Relic.

Ruby: I have no more questions.

They all share a laugh.

Ozpin: Yes, while this cane is indeed very precious to me, it is also just that- precious to me.

Ozpin: While I admit it still has a few more tricks up its sleeve, I can firmly say that being a Relic isn't one of them. Now why don't you run and get the other students?