Chapter 24: More Challengers

Y/N POV:

I look down to see Team JNPR charge at Team BRNZ.

They charge at each other as May from Team BRNZ backs away from the group and heads up a tree for a sniping position.

Brawnz goes for a knee kick on Pyrrha as she blocks the hit with her shield as it sends her skidding back, right before she blocks the claws on his fists with her xiphos.

She jerks her sword away and makes him leap back, as May jumps onto a branch of tree aiming her sniper at Ren while he's fighting Nolan until he gets blindsided by Nora with a swing of her hammer, he ducks under attack and goes to hit her with his cattle prod.

May takes aim from her spot and manages to fire off two rounds near Ren, destroying the rocks behind him. Jaune manages to block Roy's buzzsaw gloves with his shield before he notices the bullets flying and sees the glint of the gun in the leaves.

Jaune: (wide-eyed and stumbling over his order) R-R-Retreat!

Ren glances back at him as a shot hits the ground by his feet. He and Nora start running back into the mountains as Jaune and Pyrrha cover their escape by blocking the bullets with their shields. They leap over a rocky outcropping for cover.

Pyrrha: (to Jaune as projectiles keep coming overhead) What do we do?

Jaune: (looking over) Spread out! Try to keep moving! (his team follows this just as Brawnz lands a punch on Jaune's shield)

May gets a higher sniper position seeing the entire fight below, Brawnz and Pyrrha continue to duke it out while Nolan slowly advances on Ren when he slides into his path. He signals for May to shoot as she fires at his feet making him jump around trying to dodge them.

Just as he lands, Nolan hits him upside the head with his weapon and is able to miss the retaliatory kick with another blow to the knee and a final hit to the chest using the business end of his prod.

Electricity shoots through Ren's body before he collapses to the ground beside Nora.

Nora: Ren!

She charges at him and takes a swing at Nolan, who promptly dodges it and again unleashes another burst of electricity into her corset but Nora only grins in response.

Port: (over speaker) Oh-ho! Looks like one of my favorite students, Nora Valkyrie, is charging up to use her Semblance!

Nolan: (looking up at the screen with a panicked look) What?

Port: Yes, Ms. Valkyrie's Semblance lets her produce, as well as channel, electrical energy straight to her muscles!

Port: This allows her to jump explosively into the air, wield her mighty hammer, or in this case, absorb Nolan's attacks and send the young man flying!

Nolan: (turning back to his opponent) What?!

Nolan finally takes his cattle prod away, but the damage is done: Nora flexes her arms as pink lightning is seen coursing through her body.

Y/N: (Wow...)

Nolan attempts to lift his hands up in surrender, but thunder starts sparking from Nora's Aura as she rushes at him.

Her hammer hits head-on and Nolan bounces back across the field, crashing through a rock and staying there when he's stopped moving.

Jaune looks back at the mountaintop on his team's side as a dark storm cloud appears over it, crackling with lightning. He looks over at Nora.