Chapter 4: The Trial

Y/N POV:

After heading out of the locker room we all get into position at the cliffside as Ozpin and Goodwitch have tablets ready to give us our objectives.

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ruby: What? Ohhh...

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

I could almost hear Ruby's world shattering.

Ruby: Whaaaat?!

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest.

Ozpin: You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die.

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics.

Ozpin: Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Jaune: (raising his hand) Yeah, um, sir?

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions.

Everyone except Jaune does as I unholster my Pistols.

Jaune: Uh, sir? I've got, um... a question.

A tile then springs up launching Weiss.

Jaune: So, this landing... strategy thing... Uh, wha-what is it? You're, like, dropping us off or something?

Ozpin: No. You will be falling.

More students get launched as I see that I'm about to launch after Yang.

Jaune: Oh, uh, I see... So, like, did you hand out parachutes for us?

Ozpin: No. You will be using your own "landing strategy."

Jaune: Uh-huh... Yeah.

Yang winks at me and Ruby and then put on a pair aviators before launching off.

I give Ruby a quick finger salute as I get launched into the air.

Y/N: (This feels amazing!)

I let the wind hit my face as I continue to fall until I make platforms made of water before jumping down into the forest.

Y/N: (Okay, let's get this going)

I start walking through the forest feeling no hostile presences until I smell smoke further up ahead.

I run to the source to see Beowolves running in fire.

Y/N: (Fire and Grimm)

I think back to my Village feeling my anger reach it's boiling point.