Chapter 25: Wise Words

Y/N POV:

Ruby and I continue to follow Weiss as she runs to the airship from before.

Ruby: Weiss! What is the big deal!? Who is it? Who is she!?

Weiss: (as she stops and smiles at the sight of...) Winter.

Y/N: Your sister?

Winter exits the airship with two crimson-colored Atlas Soldiers and Atlesian Knight-200's.

Weiss: (cups mouth) Winter!

We run up to her as she turns to see us.

Weiss: Winter! I'm so happy to see you! Oh... (suddenly curtsies) Your presence honors us.

Winter: Beacon... It's been a long time. The air feels... different.

Ruby: I mean it is fall, so, eh, it's probably colder.

Weiss: (punches Ruby in the shoulder, causing her to gasp in pain before turning back to her sibling) So, what are you doing here?

Winter: Classified.

Weiss: Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?

Winter: Classified.

Weiss: Of course. (nods and smiles in understanding)

Ruby: (looks pensively around in the silence) Well... this is nice... I think.

Y/N: Yeah...

Weiss: (excitedly) You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas!

Y/N: (I've never seen her like this)

Weiss: The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it!? I-

Winter: I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its... bureaucracy. That is not why I came.

Weiss: Right! I'm sorry!

Winter: Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears that I have no choice in the matter.

Weiss: (confused) But, we won!

Winter: Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed.

Y/N: (She actually took the time to count her attacks)

Winter: (To security) Leave us.

The AK-200s obey, walking two steps backwards into formation.

Winter: (smiles at Weiss) How have you been?

Weiss: Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class! And the rest of my studies are going wonderfully, too! I'm-

Winter: (slaps Weiss's head) Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking, I'm asking how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?

Weiss: Well, there's Ruby.

Ruby: (giggles as she pushes the lump back into Weiss' head) Heh, boob.

Weiss: And I even got my girlfriend here.

Y/N: A pleasure to meet your acquaintance.

Winter: I see. So this is the the girls wrote of. How appropriately... underwhelming.