Chapter 67: Clashing Ideals

3rd Person POV:

The wolf faunus previously known as Y/N looks up at her "parents" and younger self in utter confusion on what she just witnessed.

(??? will be the character that has been known as Y/N up till now while "Y/N" will now mean the younger version of herself)

???: (to Sakuya) Completion?

???: (Standing up) What do you mean by that? What were those memories? Am I really not Y/N?

Y/N: Calm down. Take a deep breathe.

The wolf faunus listens to her younger selfs advice and takes a deep breath to bring herself a sense of calm
as she faces her parents.

???: What am I?

Kazuto: I know this is a lot to take in and we're sorry you had to find out this way.

Sakuya: We had to show you these memories and order for you to be complete.

???: "Complete"? You said I needed this to be complete but I don't understand what this all means.

Kazuto: We'll explain it all to you but let's get to a familiar change of scenery.

With a wave of his hand the void changes back to the large field with the floating tree overhead.

Y/N: This feels more calming doesn't it?

???: Y-Yeah...

The four all take a sit as an awkward silence ensues until Kazuto is the one to break it with a yell.

Kazuto: This is gonna be so hard to explain!

Sakuya: We can't complain about it now she deserves to know!

Y/N: She's been through enough she needs to know!

Kazuto: Right, I know I just...

He places a hand on ???'s shoulder while having a serious demanor.

Kazuto: From what we've shown you through your memories you know this all started when that Cinder woman attacked our village.

???: Yeah, but it's so much more different from what I remember.

???: I remember that I was alone when the attacked happened and I was looking for you and mom but when I got to the house an explosion happened and Cinder attacked me but I managed to survive it and run away.

???: Then I got cornered by some Grimm and activated my Semblance and created Asuna and Maria.

???: That's how I survived.

Sakuya: Some of those parts were true but the others are a little off.

Kazuto: It started off a few years ago...

Kazuto: (narrating) It was just another peaceful day in Hasumi. Sakuya was making "Y/N" and I lunch while we were out training.

Kazuto: Y/N just discovered her Semblance and I was testing out her ability to generate and control water made from her Aura.

Y/N and Kazuto can be seen in an open field preparing to fight as Y/N gets into her fighting stance.

Y/N: You ready, dad?!

Kazuto: Bring it!

The young wolf faunus wielding her dual pistols starts firing at Kazuto, who projects a long sword and starts deflecting the bullets as Y/N creates a small wave of water that knocks Kazuto down.