Chapter 29: Fatal Omen

3rd Person POV:

After the incident with Mercury Team RWBY and Y/N are sent to their Dorm room by General Ironwood.

Ironwood: I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice.

Yang: (irritated) But he attacked me!

Ironwood: (pacing around the room, not looking at her) Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise.

Weiss: (gesturing to her teammate from the other bed) But Yang would never do that!

Ruby: (standing up from beside her sister) Yeah!

Y/N: There's no way she would ever hurt anyone without a reason!

Ironwood: (turns around as Yang sighs and places her head in her hands) You all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances.

Ironwood: (continues as Ruby sits back down, the entire team looking despondent) What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant.

Ironwood: Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past...(with that last statement, he looks to the right while rolling his right shoulder)

Yang: But I wasn't-

Ironwood: (angrily stern) That's ENOUGH! (when the room falls silent, he goes on) The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. 

Ironwood: The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that...you are disqualified.

Yang's shock turns into miserable understanding when she looks to the ground, and Ironwood leaves the room.

Yang: (when the door clicks shut, she turns to her friends) You guys believe me, right?

Ruby: Duh!

Weiss: (shaking her head) You're hotheaded, but not ruthless.

Y/N: You'd never be the type of person to attack someone unless it was necessary.

Yang: Blake?

Blake turns her gaze away, earning a shocked look between Ruby, Y/N, and Weiss.

Blake: I want to believe you.

Ruby: Huh!?

Weiss: What's that supposed to mean?

Yang: (eyes widening, tears forming instantly as she says in a hurt voice) Blake?

Weiss: (when Blake looks up at Yang, then back down) How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us!

Y/N: Blake...

Blake: (glances at Weiss and Y/N, before taking a deep breath before starting) I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual - little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry.