Chapter 36: Lasting Sorrow

3rd Person POV:

With the battle against the Geist finished Team RNJR, head over to a small town that requested their assistance in exchange for supplies.

Ruby is seen shaking hands with the town mayor.

Mayor: We truly can't thank you enough.

Ruby: Just doing our job, sir.

Mayor: That Geist had been plaguing our village for weeks. We were beginning to wonder if we'd have to relocate.

Ruby: Well, we are on our way to Mistral. You could always come along with us if you don't feel safe.

Mayor: (gesturing to the peaceful lives of the town) Ha. I take it you're not from these parts. Anima is a large continent. I'm afraid our people would never survive the long trek to Mistral.

Mayor: It may be safer in the Kingdoms, but we prefer our way of life. I just wish we could pay you more.

Ren: Our previous arrangement is more than sufficient.

Team RNJR bows respectfully.

The scene changes to a shop door closing as a burly man with horns sets down a set of armor.

Blacksmith: (to Jaune) There you go, son. It's going to be heavier than what you're used to, but you'll thank me the next time you go up against a set of claws.

Jaune: Wow. That-eh. I don't know what to say.

Blacksmith: Don't gotta say anything! Just put it on! I'll go get the rest.

The Faunus blacksmith turns and goes out back.

Jaune: Oh, uh, right!

Jaune: (taking off his old chest plate) Guess I was going to grow out of it eventually.

Ren: A sign of progress.

Jaune: Progress.

Jaune turns around, and Ruby gasps then covers her mouth and tries not to giggle.

Jaune: What is it?

Ruby: (pointing to his chest) What is that?

A bunny emblem is seen on Jaune's chest.

Jaune: What, my hoodie? I've always had this.

Ruby: (snorting) It's got a cute little bunny rabbit!

Jaune: (while Ruby is laughing) It's Pumpkin Pete! You know, from the cereal? The one that sponsored Pyrrha.

Ruby: (in near hysterics) What did you do?! Send in a box top for a prize?

Jaune: (turning away) Yeah! Fifty!

Ruby continues to laugh hysterical before falling onto the floor.

Ren: Well, I suppose we don't have to grow out of everything.

Ruby chortles from the floor, feet in the air. The blacksmith returns from out back.

Blacksmith: Can't have a Huntsman without his weapon.