Death (last part of King)

-this kinda sucks that whatever.
Tw: decapitation, blood, and that should be it.

"Very well."

The people cheered and the woman smiled softly, before it fell.

"But" She silenced them, "It must be one of you to bring it to me."

The two stood silent.

Although Roman hated him for what he had done, he couldn't imagine killing his own father. The man who raised him, taught him.

"I shall do it." It had been the first and only thing Remus said before he turned around, walking inside. Roman went to follow him, but the man in black from before stopped him, this time, his eyes were bright purple.

"Don't." He mumbled. "The moon shines in his eyes, you won't want to be there." Roman nodded.

~~

Remus walked to his fathers' study, power buzzing in his veins. He pushed open the door, seeing his father going through the few papers in his secret compartment.

"Remus! What have you done about this? Has there been a deal made for the sake of the kingdom?" His father asked, hiding the papers as he stood.

"Yes. Roman and I have decided it be you who falls instead of the kingdom." Remus hummed. He looked at a mace that sat hung up on the wall. He grabbed it, looking at it for a moment.

"Although, I do have a question." He said, reaching into his po let and pulling out a picture of a woman. She closely resembled both him and Roman, though Roman had softer facial features that matched well with the woman. "This woman... Is she our mother?"

"That-that woman is a monster." His father spat. "She promised me the sun and moon and gave me you. She's a broken promise who burned with her kingdom, like she deserved."

Remus looked back up; eyes wide as he grinned. His eyes were glowing a bright green and his grin was manic.

"Oh, father, when will you learn that you can't always win? Not when you're against me, anyway." He sighed. "This is exactly what I needed to let out some stress." He laughed, swinging the mace from side to side.

"Remus, knock it off. Would you really do this to your own father?" His father asked, fake care in his eyes.

"I know why you picked me to be king." Remus smiled. "I was weak and knew nothing. You'd have me doing all the boring work while you rule from afar, destroying our kingdom and having someone to blame it on."

"You know that isn't true, stop being so brainless and help me fight off those monsters!" Remus fakes thought for a moment, before grinning.

"No, I am quite alright." He shrugged, slamming the mace into his fathers' head. He sighed, looking down at the, now bloodstained, picture of his mother.

"Rest well, mother."

~~

Remus smiled as he exited the castle, his mace in one hand, his fathers head in the other. Blood covered his black and green suit, some even on his crown. "I apologize for the wait. After killing him I had to find a sword to remove his head." He said, tossing the head to the woman's feet. She smiled.

"Thank you, Your majesty. Seeing him dead brings peace to our friends and family." She bowed her head. "We shall get back home."

"Oh- Uh, the kingdom is always welcome to accept you in." Remus smiled. "And if not, you're always welcome back for anything."

"Well, It would feel better to be somewhere we know we are safe." She mumbled, looking at her group. She stared at the children who hid behind their parents. "Thank you. I hope together we can make your kingdom stronger."

A small group followed her to the edge of the kingdom, where each of them put their hands on the ground, humming a low tone. The land began to glow, and when their humming went down, so did the light.

Both Roman and Remus looked at each other in confusion, before jumping as the man in black spoke up.

"The song of protection." He mumbled. He looked down at Roman, raising his eyebrow. "What happened to your nose?"

Roman put his hand up defensively. "Nothing."

"He broke it." Remus said, nudging his father's head with his foot. Roman crossed his arms.

"I'm fine." The man rolled his eyes, his hand growing purple as he flicked his nose, the pain immediately going away and the light bruising under his eyes faded.

"I'm Virgil, I have the healing properties of the moon. I'll see you around, your highness." He said, before walking away.

"He's something else, isn't he?" Roman sighed with a smile as he watched him.

"You're stupid, you know that?" Remus said before he froze, his green eyes catching someone else's bright blue ones. He smiled weakly as he waved. The man grinned and waved, blush burning at his freckled cheeks, before getting distracted and walking off with a glance over to Remus.

"I'm the stupid one?" Roman laughed. Remus crossed his arms, pouting. They stood watching the witches interact with the townsfolk, children flocking and watching in wonder at the witches powers. Roman looked down, sighing.

"I am sorry for what I said. I can tell you're going to be a great king." Roman smiled. Remus smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Nah, I'm good." He laughed, taking off his crown. He smudged the blood from it, crookedly putting it on Roman's head. "You were right from the start. When the moment for me to step up came, I froze up, but you handled it like you were born for it."

Roman smiled. He took the crown from his head. "I wonder if father ever realized we knew the crown was fake. He spoke so highly about it." He laughed, snapping it in half, handing the other to Remus.

"I don't see why both of us can't rule. It'd be easier for the both of us." Remus nodded, giving his brother a side hug, cackling when Roman yelled, "no, Remus! You're covered in blood! My clothes!"

-ignoring how god-awful this one is.
-yes, the one Remus was looking at was Patton. I don't know why but I'm in a intuality mood.
-I hate myself.
-you slowly hating me? Wait till you see the next thing I post, you'll hate me even more lmao.
-that is in fact, a warning.