Waiting

I'm so tired.
Also, because I'm just that lucky, I like 2 people now. The one I've been talking about, and another friend of mine : /

I get attached too easily.

Tw: blood

"Don't keep me waiting, okay, Ro?" Virgil said softly, Roman nodding, glancing at the doorway that led to his plane.

"I would never." Roman took in a deep breath, dropped his bag, pulling him into a tight hug. "Just say the word and I'll stay, Virge. I don't have to go."

"Yes, you do." Virgil ran his hand through Romans hair, Roman sighing shakily as he leaned farther against his chest. "This has been your dream for ages, Ro. You deserve to go."

"What about you? You've been my dream for ages. We've only been together a few months, I don't wanna lose you already."

"You won't lose me. We can visit each other anytime we're free." Virgil kissed the top of his head subtly, giving him a comforting squeeze before pulling away with a sad smile. "Your plane will be leaving soon. You better get going."

Romans frown deepened as he nodded, picking up his bag. He kissed him tenderly, virgils face flushing as he never had been a huge fan of PDA. Roman brought a hand to rest on virgils cheek. "I'll be back soon."

"I know. I'll be here waiting." Virgil sighed with a frown, closing his eyes as he rested his hand on Romans, leaning into his touch.

An announcement sounded off, reminding the two of the parting that hadn't left their minds since the day Roman had gotten the letter.

"Call me when you land." Virgil said, voice hushed, perhaps to keep his voice steady. He moved away from Romans hand, letting his own fall back to his side.

"I will." Roman nodded, voice loud enough to make himself feel more confident in his decision that wavered. Romans gulped back his sadness, turning away.

Virgil wrapped his arms around himself, watching as Roman hesitantly and slowly walked to the door, displaying his ticket to the woman, who smiled as she looked over it as if she didn't watch them with staring, sad eyes as they forced themselves to part.

Roman couldn't bring himself to look back at Virgil, knowing he wouldn't be able to leave if he did.

Virgil sat down in a slightly uncomfortable seat next to a glass wall where he smiled as he saw Roman sitting there through a small airplane window.

He looked around before looking out the window, eyes brightening as he smiled softly, waving.

Virgil waved back.

~

"I'm sorry, I know I'm probably being annoying, but when will the plane be leaving?" Roman asked, leg bouncing with anxiety as his fingers tapped against his thighs.

"It's okay, sir." The woman smiled understandingly, having someone also waiting for her at the next airport, where her shift ends. "The plane is running a bit off schedule, but it will be leaving shortly."

Roman nodded, checking his phone, seeing the red battery with a bright 1% under it. It's plugged into his computer, which is also dying, and Roman curses himself for forgetting to charge it the night before after he and Virgil had spoken with bright smiles over Skype.

Roman sighs as he leans back against his chair, watching as the number on his phone changed to a 2% very, very slowly and his computer changed to a 7% far too quickly.

//

Virgil picked at his fingers without paying any attention to it, eyes trained on the screen which displayed 'flight 2367 delayed.'

He chewed at his lip, fingers now bleeding though he doesn't notice.

"C'mon, prince, don't leave me waiting." Virgil mumbled under his breath as he let his head fall, eyes squeezed shut.

Knowing Roman didn't have a choice but keep him waiting- and if he did have that choice, he would have been there in a heartbeat, physically not being to stay too far if he didn't have to- Virgil muttered out an apology to no one, hoping somehow it could reach him.

His head lifted and his eyes idly swept through the row of people in front of him; He doesn't know if he should be more embarrassed or offended at the sad, sympathetic looks from the people sitting across from him.

As he decides its more embarrassing, he dropped his eyes again. He could feel their gazes leave, though he's still just as tense.

He decides to stop listening, instead focusing on his breathing and going through what he wants to say to Roman when he sees him.

Not realizing how fast time has passed, he looks up quickly as his name is called.

His eyes widened as Roman grinned as he found him.

The sympathetic people, most of whom are gone, the only who remain are a small family of what seems to be two mothers and their daughter. The shorter of the two nudges the taller, who lazily drags her fingers over a pack of cigarettes on her lap, looking up from the child who sat on the ground, drawing in a coloring book.

They both smile as they watch as Virgil stood up, a bright smile on his face.

Roman is practically shaking as he quickly walks over, practically running into virgils arms.

Virgil stumbles back, though his arms are still wrapped around him so, so tightly.

"I missed you!" Roman nearly screams, burying his face in Virgils neck.

"We just talked yesterday." Virgil said, hiding his embarrassed face in Romans hair, the reply being a poor cover up to how truly happy he felt.

"I know, but I can't kiss you if you're like... A million miles away!" Roman moved his arms to wrap around his neck, leaning up to kiss Virgil passionately.

The kiss couldn't help but break due to their grins and excited words.

"Oh, how are you!? How is everyone?!"

"They're great- I'm great!" Virgil excitedly replied. "How are you?"

"I'm much better now." Romans grin softens as he leans against his chest again. "Sorry I kept you waiting, mi Amor."

"I'd wait however long for you, Roman."

Sucky ending.
Also don't mind me throwing my OCS in there 😩
The short one is Emmie, the taller is Jay. Emmies daughter is named Millie.
Sighhh I love them sm

I'm not very good at a backgrounds : /