The Ghost

-Virgil angst :) Virgil is fighting with his old self, anxiety. Y'know, like before he was accepted.
-the song is really good, I swear 👀
-Tw: angst 👀 death 👀

"Are you afraid of the dark?" A whisper sounded through the room, startling Virgil, who was sat on his bed. "Are you scared?"

A figure showed up in the darkest corner of his room, eyes glowing a dark purple. It giggled, disappearing into the shadows.

"Who- who are you?" Virgil asked, standing up and looking around, anxiety coursing in his veins.

"I can see you from behind." It said tauntingly. Virgil whipped around, seeing the shadow disappear. "You can hear me in your mind."

He flinched as the voice filled his mind. He groaned and fell to the floor.

"Time will catch you before you know."

Silence.

The room was dark. Virgil stumbled to the wall, but soon found out it wasnt there. He looked around, jumping as a light flashed, revealing him- the old him, anxiety, glaring at him.

"Are you afraid of the dark?" Anxiety asked, walking closer. Virgil jumped up, backing up. His breath was ragged as he stared at the other.

"Are you scared?" He asked, pouting mockingly. "I am you."

Anxiety lunged at Virgil, who dodged the attack. Anxiety disappeared before he could hit the ground.

The ground beneath Virgil's feet began to tear away. Virgil ran. He didn't know where he was going, everything was just one big dark room.

Finally he reached a wall, panting and trying to look for a way out.

"I'm coming closer." Anxietys voice rang throughout the room. Virgil banged at the wall, looking back and seeing Anxiety slowly walking towards him.

"I will catch you." As he spoke an echo accompanied his voice. "The time, it goes,"

The sound of a clock ticking rang. Everything seemed deadly quiet, Virgil couldn't even hear his own ragged breaths.

"Tick tok, tick tok, tick..."

The ticking stopped, the only sound being Anxietys footsteps.

"Tok."

Virgil fell through the ground, screams leaving his mouth. He landing with a sickening thud, the breath leaving his lungs. He gasped as his lungs burned, but no air would fill them.

"Are you afraid of the dark?" Anxiety asked, crouching down next to the suffocating side.

"Are you scared?"

Virgil opened his mouth to say something, anything, but nothing could come out.

"I am you." Anxiety sighed as Virgil's spasming lungs soon stopped moving, his eyes staring straight up.

Anxiety closed Virgil's eyes, standing up with a small giggle, walking away with his hands in his hoodie pockets.

-yes, yes, I'm back with angst :)