adventure

Y'all I love Royal AUs pls
Tw: killing and eating a mouse lol, bones, being self conscious, cursing, sad backstory **emotional** **not clickbait** getting abandoned at a young age

"Janus?" Remus called as he pushed open the door to the servants quarters, scanning for him. "Hm... Oh, Virgil!"

Virgil sighed heavily as he put down a box of cherries he was carrying. "What do you want, Remus?"

"Do you know where Janus is?" Remus asked, not fazed by the way Virgil spoke to him. "I've been looking for him, though it seems he's not in the castle."

"He's in the back of the garden. Under that giant willow tree." Virgil mumbled, picking up the box. "Probably hiding out in the shadows."

"Ah, thank you, Virgil!" Remus grinned, grabbed a handful of cherries before running off. Virgil grumbled out a half assed your welcome before walking off to continue what he was doing. He woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Literally. He rolled off the side of his bed this morning and ever since then he's been in a bad mood.

Remus rushed outside, eating his cherries and humming as he walked over to the old willow tree.

"Janus?" Remus hummed, looking around.

"Do you need something, Prince Remus?" Janus asked from wherever he was.

"Yes! Um... Where are you?" Remus looked around, though couldn't spot him.

"What did you need?"

"Oh- well, I can't go to the far north woods by myself, some bullshit that comes with being a prince, y'know?"

"No, I don't know. Why do you insist on telling me this?"

"I want you to come with me! Father said I didn't have to go with a guard, as long as whoever I picked could protect me if needed, and I know you can!" Remus grinned, putting another cherry in his mouth. "I don't know what that crunchy thing is in my cherry but it's really ruining my experience."

"That's the seed, prince Remus. You aren't supposed to eat that." Janus sighed heavily. "As for the forest... You mean l...leave the castle?"

"Yeah, of course! It'll be great! You never leave the castle, I thought it would be a fun adventure!" Remus sat down against the tree. "The far north forest is my favorite one!"

"That's through the kingdom, far too many people, far too many opinions. I can't go."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... I recently made the poor choice of making a deal with a sorcerer. They insisted they could help me with my... Abnormalities."

"Oh..." Remus deflated. He loved janus's so called 'abnormalities.' "Did they?"

"No, I'm afraid not. They made it worse, if anything."

"I wanna see!" Remus jumped up, looking around.

"I don't know..."

"Please?" Remus grinned. Janus sighed, though agreed.

"Very well, then." Remus watched with bright eyes as Janus climbed his way out of the tree, though he kept his head down and his cloak tightly around him.

Remus walked over to him, bending down so he could see his face. He gasped loudly.

"You look so pretty!" Remus grinned, cupping janus's face. Janus flushed red, pushing Remus away.

"No, I don't! I look like a freak!" Janus huffed, wrapping his arms around himself. What once were a few small patches of scales here and there, was now his whole right side of his face and neck covered in them. His once one brown and one green eyes were now one green and one bright yellow.