Mr. Lover Man

Tw: Drinking, getting drunk, kidnapping, chloroform, death, murder, screaming, crying, dead body, giving up, attempted suicide, drugs.

I’m headed straight for the floor

The alcohol served its tour.

And it’s headed straight for my skin,

Leaving me daft and dim.

Roman groaned as he downed his last shot, tumbling out of the bar. He didn’t bother going to his car, knowing he was too wasted to drive. He may be heartbroken, but he’s not stupid.

He began his long walk home, stumbling around and tripping over his own feet.

Before he knew it, a car had driven up, two men hopping out and grabbing him.

I’ve got this shake in my legs

Shaking the thoughts from my head.

But who put these waves in the door?

I crack and out

I pour.

He fought back, but his drunken haze made his legs shake and his vision blur, he couldn’t do it. He wasn’t strong enough. Tears stung at his eyes as the men dragged him into the car, a cloth going over his nose.

He woke up in a dark room, the pungent smell of blood hitting him head on. He panicked before realizing that it wasn’t him bleeding. His drunken haze was gone, and he could understand everything. 

A man walked in, smiling down at him.

“Oh, you’re awake!” He said. He walked over to the darkness, nudging something with his foot. “Damn, he fucking bled out before you could wake up.”

Roman's eyes went wide as his breath hitched. “W-what? Who-who’s dead? Who are you? Why am I here?”

“Calm down. We’ve been watching you two for some time. Mostly you. You really intrigued me. I watched you long enough to know your weakness. Sadly, your weakness died before you got here.” The man hummed, picking up the limp body.

“Weakness? W-what?” The man dropped the body in front of him with loud thud. He turned on a small, dim light. Everything crashed in Roman when he saw the pale face of Virgil staring endlessly up.

“No… No! No! No! Virgil! Please, no! Wake up, please! Virgil!” Roman screamed. He tried to get closer but the chains on his wrists kept him from moving. “No, please! Please, wake up! I’m sorry!”

The man smiled, before walking away. The man was gone for a few hours, before coming back, annoyed.

“Be a man and stop fucking screaming. You can’t save him now.” That did nothing to silence Roman's screams. His voice was raw and scratchy, but he would not stop. “Lover man, I said to stop fucking screaming.”

The man pushed a cloth against his nose, everything going dark again.

~~

It had been a week.  A week of screaming, crying, threats, and being force fed to be kept alive.

“Rise and shine, lover man.” The man grinned as he opened the door. He lifted his face to look at him. “Aw, you look like shit. Finally done fighting?” The man held up a gun to his face, brushing it over his mouth.

Roman numbly nodded, his head falling as he did.

“Do it. Please, just do it.” Roman
whispered. “I don’t care why you are doing this, not anymore. Please.”

“Is that what your boyfriend would have wanted?”

“He’s gone. It doesn’t matter.”

“Why are you giving up so easily?”

Roman slowly began to cry; his shoulders shaking softly.

I’m Mr. Lover man.” He forced out shakingly. “And I miss my lover, man.”

The man raised an eyebrow at him.

I’m Mr. Lover man! Oh, and I miss my lover!” He yelled at him. The man smirked, nodding.

“Maybe another day then.” He hummed, standing up and walking away. Roman begged for him to come back, but he remained alone with the corpse of his love. It smelled like death, blood, and rotting flesh.

Roman looked over at virgil’s lifeless body, which the man sat up front of him tauntingly.
The ways in which you talked to me, had me wishing I were gone.” Roman whispered. “The ways that you said my name, had me running on and on.”

He smiled at the remembrance of his voice, his laugh. His everything. The man stood by the door; Roman could see his shadow from underneath. He tugged at the chains, his stiff body shaking. He fell back as a sharp pain shot up his spine, causing his stomach to cramp. The man laughed at the useless attempt.

Oh, I'm cramping up, I'm cramping up, but you're cracking up, you're cracking up!” Roman yelled at the man. He was losing it. Whatever drugs he forced into his body seemed to be messing with his mind.
I'm Mr. Lover man and I miss my lover, man.” Roman continued to tug at his chains, forcing his body to move. “I'm Mr. Lover man. Oh, and I miss my lover.”

“Kill me. Please.” Roman cried, bashing his head against the concrete walls. Blood quickly seeped down his neck.

I’m shattered now, I’m spilling out upon this linoleum ground.” Roman rested back, not having enough energy to do anything anymore. He looked over at Virgil’s body once again. “I'm reeling in my brain again, before it can get back to you.”

He could practically hear Virgil telling him to stop. He knew he would want him to move on. “Oh, what am I supposed to do without you?” He had been his everything since they were young, he couldn’t let this end.

I’m Mr. Lover man.” His voice was slow and shaking. “And I miss my lover, man.”

I’m Mr. Lover man, oh, and I miss my lover.”

“I'm Mr. Lover man and I miss my lover, man.”

“I'm Mr. Lover man and I miss my lover.”

Roman looked over at the door as it opened.

“Now, we can’t have you dying just yet. I’m not done.” The man smirked, putting the cloth against his nose before checking his head. Not too much damage. He wrapped his head tightly, before grabbing the corpse and dragging it out. “I’ve had my fun with you. Soon Lover man in there will forget all about you.”

-I don't know.