Hands

-for some reason a lot of the chapters are out of order and it won't let me rearrange them.
Tw: mention of Ed Gein, Jeffery Dahmer, murder, alcohol, cigarettes. Suggestive words, and cursing. Toxic relationships. (Btw I'm sorry, I love Anxciet but I love angst more.) Implied sex. This doesn't have a happy ending either.

Virgil picked up his phone as it rang, eyes widening at who was calling. He answered, despite his better judgment, knowing what was coming.

"I miss you." Janus's voice sounded out. "I know you miss me too. I've been talking to some of your friends."

Virgil stayed silent, remembering every time this happened.

"No."

"No?"

"No. I... I won't miss you." Virgil said, forcing the words out like rocks through his windpipes, like coughing water from his lungs.

"We both know that's a lie, gorgeous. Come over. I know you still have my address in your phone, just like you have my number."

"No. I... There's- there's a myth that every 7 years our skin renews... I've been doing some research, and that's not true. It will take only up to 2 weeks to a month for my bottom layer of my epidermal to become the top... Maybe even less time because everytime you touch something, you leave your cells behind."

Virgils hands were shaking as he spoke, breathing in shakily as Janus breathed out a laugh, a sign Virgil used to view as a warning.

"So, I've been touching everything I can. I've been leaving cells that once touched you everywhere so that soon my hands won't ever have touched you."

"I've been leaving you on alcohol bottles and on strangers at 3 AM, I've been leaving you on barstools and the floors of public restrooms. I've left you on swings at parks, on cigarettes butts, just because I knew you fucking hated it when I smoked, and god, I forgot how good cigarettes taste. I've left you on trains and doorknobs, and my favorite one, I've left you on fucking dumpsters."

"Virgil, gorgeous, you know you'll never forget my touch. Oh, and damaging your pretty lungs won't make you forget how good I taste." Virgil could hear the smirk in his voice, a small hum that made his voice smooth.

"My hands don't know you anymore. I've ran miles to make my legs forget their way back to you, to forget your marks and the way you used to force them open with just your voice. They've forgotten how it feels to be numb, now all I feel is constant soreness, but I'd rather have that, and hey, at least I lost a few pounds of you from my stomach."

"Oh, gorgeous, you know you don't need to do that. And, for the record, you loved my voice back then."

"I've listened to thousands of songs to force my ears to forget your sweet talk, I no longer need that validation, I can get it from love songs and smooth fucking jazz, which is way smoother than you. I've started hanging out with Remus because I'd rather hear about how Ed Gein made a skin suit out a woman he murdered than remember your voice. I can tell you anything and everything about Jeffery Dahmer, fucking try me." Virgil clenched his fists, anger flooding out of him.

"I've traveled to so many places these last few months to forget your face. My eyes have seen more wonders than what used to be your smile. I've seen mountains and snow and-and people who are way more attractive than you! I was finally able to stop spraying your fucking cologne on my hoodies! Which, by the way, smells awful!"

"Shut the fuck up, gorgeous. You know you need me. Come over, I'll show you how hard it is to really forget me." Janus hissed. Virgil choked on his words, not being able to force anything out. "You've lost this one. Better luck next time, though, gorgeous. I'll be expecting you in 30 minutes. Don't be late."

Janus hung up, leaving Virgil to stare at the "call ended" Screen. Virgil got up, sighing shakily as he tugged his shoes on.

His hands lied to him.

They didn't forget a damn thing.

He got all the proof he needed that night that his hands still remembered everything to make Janus feel just as good as before.