Happiest Year (anxeit)

"I'm really on the ropes this time

I've been fighting all my life for you

I never shouldve said goodbye

But maybe thats what stupid people do." Deceit sang, looking at an old picture of him and Virgil.

"Cause you gave me peace

And I wasted it

I'm here to admit

That you were my medicine

Oh, I couldn't quit

And I'm down on my knees again

Asking for nothing." It's only been a few weeks since he left. They were left on such bad terms. There was yelling, things being thrown, un-meant words were said. It was a terrible way to leave things and a terrible way to break up. They had only dated for the past year, though through that year they seems so happy.

"Thank you for the happiest year of my life

Thank you to the happiest year of my life. Ooh, ooh, ohh." His voice cracked slightly, slow tears running down his face.

"Don't think I could forgive myself

I'm sorry for all the ways that I used you." It was true. Deceit used him in many ways. In the beginning it was just to make him feel better about himself. It was more about lust than it was about love.

"And I could care less right now

But you know, you hurt me pretty good too." Also true. Though he deserved it, he knew.

"Yeah, we made each other bleed

And we tasted it

I'm here to admit

That you were my medicine

Oh, love I couldn't quit

And I'm down in my knees again." Tears continued to poor from his eyes as he collapsed, falling to his knees. Hat falling to the ground as he shook.

Thank you for the happiest year of my life

Oh, thank you for the happiest year of my life, ooh." Deceit was too busy crying to hear the door open.

"So, wake me up when they build that time machine

I want to go back

Wake me up when you were sleeping next to me

'Cause I really loved you, ooh" He hugged the picture to his chest. God he had never cried this hard. It hurt, so much. His head was pounding and his chest ached with longing and the pressure on his heart was one he couldn't bear.

"Thank you for the happiest year of my life

Thank you for the happiest year of my life, ooh." He felt arms wrap around him, he looked up instantly, praying that maybe it was Virgil. Maybe he could forgive him. But, no, prayers aren't always heard. He latched onto Remus, hugging him tightly as he continued to sob.

"Thank you for the happiest year of my life, yeah

Thank you for the happiest year of my life

Thank you for the happiest year of my life..."