You're so alive. (Roceit)

Hi so it's 2:26 AM and I slept away the entire day from a depressive episode so I'm writing vampires because it makes me feel good enough.
_________________________________

Roman looked over at Janus, who sat in the shade of the house as the other sides enjoyed the nice summer day.

He always said it was because of his scales, though the sides didn't believe him, but they didn't mind. If he wanted to sit in the shade, who were they to force him out?

They hung out and had a very violent water balloon fight for a few hours before going back inside. The sun had began setting, leaving the sky a dark blue, hints of pink and orange playing at the horizon.

Soon the sun had set completely, leaving it dark, the only light being the bright moon. It was nearing 3 AM.

Roman was still awake, looking out of his window as he thought of anything and everything. There was a flash of yellow and black from the corner of his eye. Confused and curious, he made his way downstairs, almost tripping as he slid on his shoes.

He went outside, seeing Janus walking away in the shadows of homes, slipping by almost unnoticed. Roman quickly followed.

A blood bank was not what Roman had expected when he started following the snake-like side. He watched as Janus slipped into the building. He fought the urge to follow him, instead settling for waiting outside behind a bush. After about 5 minute Janus came out with a bag, looking around before starting his walk back home this time taking the back roads.

The back roads were empty, not a  single car passed by. There were no street lamps or houses. Completely abandoned. Roman walked behind large bushes, watching the other side.

Janus reached into his bag, taking out a small blood bag, which confused Roman even more. Janus bit into it, sucking the blood from it. Roman gasped, though soon stopped moving and putting a hand over his mouth to hush his breathing as Janus froze, turning around and looking for whatever or whoever made the noise. He growled, his yellow eye glowing dimly. He rushed home, going to his room.

Roman exhaled in relief, taking a moment to breath before starting his walk home. He looked down at the ground as he walked, stopping when he came to the empty blood bag. He picked it up, seeing two small puncture holes. He dropped the bag, feeling a bit nauseous.

He got home, kicking off his shoes and going to his room. He didn't sleep the rest of the night, mind too busy thinking about what he just saw.

~~

It had been a week since that night. Every night Janus would leave, though Roman didn't bother following him. He did up until the third night, but every night janus would go back to the blood bank.

Tonight had been different, though.

Janus hadn't left his room. It was nearing 4:30 AM and the sun would be rising soon.

Roman got up, quietly walking to his room. He carefully opened the door, sliding inside. The room was dimly lit, streams of white moon light pour in in through the open window, as if the moon itself was melting into the room.

Roman glanced over at Januss seemingly sleeping figure. He looked so... Dead. Roman looked over at Januss desk, seeing empty blood bags scattered across it. Roman picked one up, observing the puncture holes. He dropped it with a gasp as a hand grabbed his waist, another pressed against his neck, right on his pulse. A face was buried in his neck.

Janus had seen Roman come in, closing his eyes and pretending to be asleep. He watched as he observed the empty blood bag. A strong scent quickly caught his attention. It was sweet, giving Janus the same hunger one would get when smelling food after not eating for weeks.

No, it hadn't been weeks for Janus. Though, it had been years since he had fresh blood. Fresh blood was always better than the bagged blood, which just sat there until needed.

He got up, quietly, following the smell straight to Roman. He grabbed his waist, pressing a hand tightly against his pulse and burying his head in Roman neck, the scent becoming even stronger wrapping itself around him.

He let out a small growl. He felt Romans pulse quicken out of fear as he trembled, breath becoming uneven.

God, Janus wanted to do it, so, so badly. If his heart was still beating, it would be pounding, the smell, so close.. The beating of Romans pulse pounded against his hand and Romans uneven breaths sounded louder than they really were, keeping him from doing anything. He pushed Roman away, growling and running a hand through his hair.

"I can't, can't. Fuck." He mumbled, his yellow eye glowing brightly, illuminating his face.

"Janus...? Are-are you okay?" Roman asked. Janus nodded, his head flicking to the right, moving his arms around as if trying to get an uncomfortable feeling out of them. He dug around in a cabinet, pulling out a blood bag. He downed it, shaking his head gently before downing another one.

"What-what are you?" Roman asked quietly.

"If it wasn't obvious enough, I'm a vampire." Janus mumbled, throwing the empty bags onto the desk. "What are you doing in here?"

"You've had a bit of a schedule. You didn't leave tonight, I was just curious as to why." Roman mumbled.

"Just... Didn't feel like it. You've been watching me?" Roman blushed but nodded.

"Fresh blood is better. Bagged blood, it gets old after a while." Deceit said, shaking his head. The scent still hasn't left, nor has it calmed. Roman thought for a moment.

"Is there a way... You could drink someone's blood without killing or turning them?" Roman asked. Deceit nodded with a confused look on his face. "Well..."

Janus understood what he meant, walking closer to him. Roman looked at him, straight (gay) faced. He once again reached out and put his hand on his pulse, conflicted. He put a hand to his heart, shaking his head.

"I can't." He whispered, taking his hands away.

"Why not?"

"You're scent is so strong. I want to. But... You're so alive." He said. "When you all would be outside, that's what I admired most about you."

Roman stood there, shocked and confused. "I thought that was the point."

"It is. If I didn't care about you so much, I would have done it by now." He reached out once more, this time resting a hand on his cheek.

The moon was starting to go down, the black sky turning a dark blue as the sun rose. Deceit looked over at it, sighing and closing the window, covering them with the curtains.

"You should get some sleep. I'm sure the others would be okay if you slept in." He said, smiling. Roman nodded, a bit stunned. Roman left, looking back at him once more, smiling softly before he left.

____________________________________
Is this good? I wrote vampires a lot, but I've always prefered vampire Virgil, but vampire Janus is something I can appreciate :)

____________________________________Is this good? I wrote vampires a lot, but I've always prefered vampire Virgil, but vampire Janus is something I can appreciate :)

I can't draw scales, buuuut I tried.