Silent Soulmate (Prinxiety)

-Soulmate AU because theres been a lot of angst as of late. Don't worry though, there is more to come :)

Roman sighed, looking at his bare chest.

Everyone is born with what their soulmates first words that you'd hear then say written on your chest.

But, Roman didnt have anything written on his. He didn't have a soul mate.

He tugged his shirt over his head, grabbing his backpack before rushing downstairs.

"Good morning, Roman." His mother hummed from where she stood by the stove.

"Morning, mamá." Roman pecked her cheek, grabbing a pancake before walking out the door.

He met up with his friends, Patton and Logan, who were sitting with a new kid.

He had dyed purple hair and wore black eye shadow under his eyes, which were a smooth brown.

Roman walked over, sitting next to Patton.

"Hey, who's sunshine over here?" He asked, looking the emo over. Said emos eyes widened as his eyes shot to meet with Romans.

"This is Virgil. He's new here." Logan said, not looking up from his book.

"Hey, you okay, kiddo?" Patton asked Virgil, who seemed shocked and confused. He shakingly nodded and nudged Logans hand to get his attention. He signed something, which Logan nodded to, before he got up and walked to the bathroom.

"I have to use the bathroom."

Virgil walked into the bathroom, panicking. He locked himself in a stall, taking off his hoodie and lifting his shirt, looking down at the words on his chest.

'Hey, who's sunshine over here?'

He shook his head, tugging his shirt back down. No one would want a mute soulmate, right?

He put his jacket back on, walking back to them and sitting down.

"Do you really lack the brain cells to realize that it wasn't a secret language we made up? It's sign language, you baffoon." Logan sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Jeez, nerd. You could have just told me." Roman mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"So, virge, what's your schedule? Maybe you have a few classes with us!" Patton asked, looking at the paper Virgil put down. "You have the science and history with Logan. Math and english with me and Homeroom, PE, and elective with Roman."

Virgil nodded, putting the paper away.

Nothing really happened during the first 4 classes. PE was his fifth period.

He entered the changing room, going to his locker and reluctantly tugging his shirt over his head.

"Hey, Vir-" Romans sentence was cut short as he walked over, taking notice of the words sprawled out on his chest. "Is that..? It's me? I'm your soulmate?"

Virgil quickly tugged on his other shirt, nodding. He signed something before rushing away.

"I'm sorry."

Virgil dodged Roman the rest of the day.

Roman was happy. He had a soulmate. All those years of pitiful looks at the pool and the sad look in his mother's eyes when he walked downstairs without a shirt on were all for nothing.

When the bell rang for everyone to go home, Roman took up Sign Language as an after school class.

{Time skip, 5 weeks}

Virgil sat down with Patton and Logan after school, per Patton's request.

"Hey kiddo! Haven't seen you in forever! Have you made any new friends?" Patton asked, munching an an apple slice. He shook his head.

"Have you heard from Roman? He's never free after school anymore." Patton asked, to which Virgil frowned, shaking his head.

"I believe Roman is taking an after school class. I saw him going into room 80 yesterday, though didn't want to bother him." Logan said. Virgil signed to him, a questioning look on his face.

"What class is it?"

"Sign language."

"They have Sign language? Ooh, sounds fun!" Patton grinned. Virgil sat back, confused.

They hung out for a while, before Virgil had to go home. He began his long walk home, lazily dragging his feet and listening to the sounds around him.

There was an annoying bird that wouldn't stop chirping. A dog barking. Kids playing at the playground just a few feet from him. Footsteps. A voice.

"Hey, Virge!" Roman grinned, falling into rhythm with his steps. There seemed to be a hesitance in his voice, a small nervous quiver. Virgil was confused, to say the least. He waved, but kept his eyes averted. Roman put a hand on his shoulder, stopping them both.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me sometime? I-I've been learning sign language and I just- I really want to take you out." Roman said, nervously running his hands through his hair.

Virgil nodded, a small smile on his face.

"I'm paying or the dates off."

"You can pay for the second." Roman grinned.

"What makes you so confident you'll get a second date?"  Virgil smirked.

"Trust me, you won't be able to resist me." Roman teased. "So, how's Friday?"