27. Summoning spirits.

God damn, I hate online classes so much. not learning much for the exchange of all my time. Corona really got me missing actual in-person education. On a lighter note how you all been In these times since I last updated which was * checks book* last year.... well huh I really am lazy.

Also, the new season of slime boi is out as I'm sure you all know about but god damn is the ending a bop. Stereo dive foundation did a real good job with it.

Anyway, new chapter time people I hope you all enjoy it. Also wanna say a quick thanks to those who keep asking for more chapters, it helps me get motivated to write.

Y/N Pov

The whole group of us followed the small fairy throughout the labyrinth taking many different turns which I couldn't figure out for the life of me how she knows her way around this maze of a labyrinth. of course, as we made our way inside some idle chit chat was being held by Ramires and the others although it was mostly the small fairy bragging about past accomplishments as well as insisting she was the cutest demon lord and the most powerful which I didn't buy for a second and I'm sure none of the others did either.

"So you know Treyni and her sisters! I guess they became dryads as a consequence of my downfall. They used to be such cute little spirits in the past. I'm surprised to learn you know them. Well, sure. They used to serve me ages ago. I'm glad they're doing all right I haven't seen them since I became like this." it was silent once she finished with Rimuru being in thought. "Were you just thinking something rude about me just now?!" Ramiris glared at Rimuru making him a little shocked. I guess she was right.

A smaller unknown spirit floated up besides Rimuru she was only about the size of Rimuru's head. "Queen Ramiris might be small now. but she was originally more imposing."

"How so?" I had to ask. the small fairy then began to explain what she meant. "Queen Ramiris is a demon lord who undergoes a cycle of reincarnation and regrowth. She carries over her previous life's personality and memories-"

"So she has always been this annoying?" I say out loud. "Y/N you shouldn't say that about demon lords" Rimuru was one to talk as he was currently looking away shaking a little trying to stop a laugh from escaping as Ramires lightly pounded on his head with her small fists.

The other small spirit coughs into her clenched hand to get our attention back. "As I was saying she reincarnates making her the only demon lord whose title is inherited. while she may look small, she's actually full of boundless wisdom!" 

"Boundless wisdom huh..." I say looking over to the demon lord taking chocolate from one of the kids whilst exclaiming "No take backsies!" Rimuru looks equally disappointed as I did.

After some more talk and a lot more walking, we eventually reached a huge open room in the center of the room resided a large mountain-like structure from the peak of the mountain was a disk that looked to be made of light or something. "Here we are. this is the core of the labyrinth. It's the dwelling of the spirits."

The floating disk then extended a side of itself which circled the peak of the mountain as it descended to our level I assumed this was to act as some sort of walkway to reach the peak. 

"One by one I'll help you all get your spirits. So, who will be going first?" Ramiris asked glancing over the group. A hand shot up "I'll go first!" the voice belonged to Gail Gibson he got up and began to ascend the spiral path. "If anything happens to me, teacher... take care of them for me."  as he walked up the path he looked a bit troubled but I'm sure he would be fine as he had Rimuru with him. I couldn't hear everything once they reached the top of the path but what I could see was Gail beginning to pray on his knees.