18. Visiting the dwarves.

Yeah sooo I haven't abandoned this story. I've just been wasting all my time playing Code vein and writing for my other stories as well as being really tired for no reason but I think it's about time to update this story now so here you are, enjoy. One other thing I'm going to change the writing style for this chapter if you like or don't just comment please, so I know what to stay with.

Y/N Pov 

Shinku and I are walking around Tempest chatting as they normally do. Tai was busy teaming up with Hakurou to give some very gruesome training to the goblin riders, luckily I was spared from said training by Shinku yanking me away from the session whilst Tai was busy talking to someone else. Now that I think about it isn't Tai gonna be mad? 

A hand waved in my face taking me out of my thoughts, it was Shinku staring right at me pouting. "You wasn't listening was you." She accused pointing a finger at me. "N-No I was." She let out a quiet hum of disbelief. "What did I say then?" Was it important? Should I have been listening instead of wondering about Tai. 

Shinku saw that I couldn't come up with a response and sighed. "I was saying that I should have went with Benimaru and the others to Lord Carrion's domain." I was going to ask the reason why but I could already see sparkles in her eyes when she mentioned the demon lord's name and instantly knew why she wanted to go. Speaking of Benimaru and the others they should be returning some time today I believe. "Shinku I know what you are thinking and no. That is a terrible idea." 

"Aw really. I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad, right?" I look at her with a 'are you serious' expression. "Anyway I'm sure Benimaru tried to fight him anyway, I'll just ask him what it was like." 

"And then what?" I question, Honestly worried about her answer.

"What else." Shinku's lips slowly curved up into a grin. "Challenge him to a fight of course!" Wha... why, what's the point I'm sure that could only end bad no matter what. I don't respond to her answer and only walk faster making her have to catch up. Just now two carriages came into Tempest pulled by Tempest wolves. I guess they're back. The group headed over to where I presumed Rimuru is to report what they saw in the Carrion's land and because Shinku was interested in what happend we followed them.

Eventually Benimaru noticed us following and decided to wait for us. "How are you doing... Young master?" Benimaru couldn't help but keep bringing up that whenever he sees me and it never fails to annoy me. "I'm fine Benimaru." My eye twitched in annoyance and he could see this. The raid haired kijin let out a small chuckle and continued to walk along side me and Shinku. "So! What was it like there." The dragon girl asked eagerly wanting to know. Benimaru shook is head not telling her. "I will say everything when we are with Lord Rimuru. I don't feel like repeating myself." Shinku's mood instantly went down she wouldn't look at anything only keeping her gaze locked on the floor. Not long after walking in silence we arrived at a building and inside already was Ririna, Rimuru and Rigur already sitting down. There wasn't enough seats for everyone so I just sat in my Kitsune form although quite small on the table by Rimuru.

Rigur began to explain what they saw on their trip. It took about 10 minutes for him to talk about everything I will admit though some of it was interesting but Shinku was sleeping in her seat. "And the royal palace was absolutely lavish, perhaps a sign of that influence. In comparison, the dwellings of the populace were very modest. But if anything, they seemed quite intent on keeping it that way." Rigur finished explaining the experience they had. "Oh right. We also brought back some gifts with us." Rigur signaled another hobgoblin and she brought over a tray of various fruits. "They were very eager for you to try these, lord Rimuru." I wanted to try one but everyone reaching for a piece blocked me from doing so, Rimuru noticed this a thrown a piece in the air which I caught in my mouth. My mouth watered at the sweetness of the fruit. We decided that everyone liked them so much that we would send someone to their land to learn the techniques used to grow them.