33. Meetings.

Another month has gone by, another update... eventually. but hey I have got a lot to keep up with rn so writing is kinda at the back of my list of things to do, after all, keeping up with 17 seasonal shows, and getting ready for multiple different D&D sessions as well as master Vault of glass (For those of you who play destiny 2) It's a bit much but here is a new chapter anyway.

Having finished his small chat between Mjurran, Grucius, Youm, and Alice. Rimuru had yet another meeting to attend this time with a bigger audience consisting of all the dwarfs, the Kijin, some of the dragonewts, and multiple other leaders of various areas within Tempest and all though she was recently accepted Alice was also present although she insisted in sitting a bit farther back than the rest of the other participants.

Hopping onto the table surrounded by his subordinates. His slime form wobbling slightly from the movement he soon began to speak. "Sorry for worrying you all. We'll have that meeting now." Most of the monsters nodded agreeing with him, more than willing to be patient for Rimuru to be ready to speak again.

"As I'm sure Rigurd has already informed you, we'll be discussing our stance toward humans... And the resurrection of those who were killed. And I'm going to let you all know right now that the precondition for these two topics is my becoming a demon lord. That's all. Now let's begin." 

Turning to the many leaders in the room that lead small sections of tempest like agriculture and such. Rimuru proposed a question. "What is everyone's opinion on humans?"

The first to speak up was a goblin with grey hair clearly getting in his age. "I cannot forgive them for what they've done." A different leader spoke up soon after this "I do not have reservations about following the mighty. But that was an ambush strategy. I have no respect for the cheap and cowardly." Many of the leaders and members of Tempest voiced similar opinions to what has already been said. "I agree. I don't know if I can interact with humans the same way as before. There's no guarantee that such violent people won't be hiding among the traders and adventurers who visit."

"As for me." Gobta began, gathering all the attention in the room. "I hate the knights of Falmuth who killed Gobzo and the others... But Youm and his followers are fellow pupils of the same master. We've even eaten from the same pot. I can guarantee that they're different from the others." After he finished Youm offered a quiet "Thanks Gobta." quiet enough that only the small hobgoblin and a few others heard it.

Rigur then joined in having a similar view as Gobta"I agree with Gobta. Kaval's group rushed to our aid because they were concerned for us. They're trustworthy friends in my opinion." 

"The ones who helped us fight back against the attack were Mjöllmile, Tai, and the other human adventurer's I think that perhaps we should not lump them all into one "Human" category. Some of them can be trusted. And some cannot." Rigurd finished.

For the next few minutes after that opinions on humans were thrown around and discussed. That was until Rimuru spoke up. "Listen, everyone, I'm a former human, reincarnated into this body. The same goes for Y/N..." Rimuru stopped for a moment taking a deep breath gauging the varying reaction in the room. Some seemed more shocked than others but no one said a word. 

"I and Y/N are humans from the same place as the people you call "Other worlders." I died in my world as did Y/N but whilst o came back to life as a slime here. Y/N through I'm assuming the same way I did returned as a Kitsune. And I can safely say that I and Y/N had different experiences in this new world we had never gone into much detail about his new life before meeting us here or his life before but I can say that he has gone through much more than any other kid of his age should have. As for myself. At the start of my life here, I was lonely. I couldn't see or hear anything and had no idea what should I be doing. So as I passed the time by eating grass and minerals. To my surprise, I met someone I could call a friend. But circumstances soon separated us. My solitary life continued. And yet, I found my people. I found You." He said looking around the room. 

"It made me... happy. It's been so long since anyone needed me. I felt as though I found my purpose what I was meant to do." Many past memories flashed through the mind as he spoke out to his people feeling somewhat nostalgic. "When you evolved and became more human in appearance perhaps some subliminal wish of mine was involved. When I made up the rule "Don't attack humans" It was because I was one. When I said that I liked humans, it was because I was one. I can't take that back now, no matter how much regret I might feel. But... Believe me when I say that I never wanted for any of you to be hurt as a result of that rule. I thought that I was a monster with the heart of a human so I prioritized my own emotions. and overstayed in that human city... I'm sorry, all of this is my fault."

once again a heavy silence took over the meeting room as everyone was thinking about the words that their leader had just said.

The one to break the silence was the pink-haired kijin that stood behind Rimuru, Shuna. "No. That's not true. We are also responsible, in being dependent on you to always solve our problems for us. That slaughter was the result. This is by no means a burden that you bear alone, Lord Rimuru." Rimuru couldn't help but be surprised with how Shuna had responded.

"For my younger sister to speak up before me. I truly am pathetic." Benimaru said in a disgusted tone of voice more so directed to himself than anyone else present. "The Moment the barrier cut us off from you, that ever-present omnipotence was gone. Leaving me with unease in my chest that had nowhere to go. You left me in charge of protecting the city. and yet somewhere in my mind, I felt assured you were taking care of us. It is my fault that we did not prevent this atrocity before it happened."

Suddenly Rigur stood from his seat whilst he slammed his hands on the table. "Just a moment, Benimaru! As the head of the security, the failure is all mine."

"No." Geld interrupted. "I should have kept a sharp eye on all who travelled the roads for the first time." He held his head in his hands leaning on the table.

Similar to the previous statements many other people in the room began assuming that it was their own fault for the slaughter that had happened which left Rimuru puzzled that he wasn't being blamed and that his subordinates themselves were trying to take the blame. 

"Not so fast, everyone!! This all goes back to my own selfish-" This time Hakuro took over the conversation. "Lord Rimuru. There is nothing wrong with prioritizing your own wishes." He bowed slightly to his lord before speaking again. "What caused all this was our lack of caution and our weakness. Only our negligence could have allowed such rabble to get away with this in our home!" Hakuro shifted his gaze around the silent room. "AM I WRONG?!"

"But..." Rimuru mumbled. "Selfishness is perfectly all right." Rigurd assured. "You are the one and only master, Lord Rimuru. If you wish to be friendly with humans or become a demon lord. then it is our destiny to travel your selfish path with you." Everyone agreed with Rigurd's words giving a small nod towards their master or smiling slightly.

"You don't have a problem... With a former human for a master?" Gobta and a few other hobgoblins in the room tilted their heads in confusion. "But... Lord Rimuru is Lord Rimuru, right?" Gobta responded first. "I guess that's true."

Shuna let out a small giggle as she went to pick up Rimuru from the table. "Whether monster or human... It is you whom we look up to, Lord Rimuru. I don't think that your former life matters to any of us." Shuna smiled looking at Rimuru who she had placed on her lap.

"I see..."

Bit of a shorter chapter around 1400 words but hey at least it ain't a 2-month break so.. yeah. I hope you have enjoyed it and ill see ya in the next one bye.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes as well.