13. Time for a champion

Hello I'm back from my holiday as you can see. I might change up my writing style a little so everything works a little better if you people don't like it I'll go back. Anyway I hope you enjoy.

Youm: A Champion... me? What are you talking about?

Rimuru: I'm not going to force you. I'm only asking.

Youm: Yeah but...

Rimuru: You heard what Fuze said, didn't you? If another monster beat the Orc lord, there's still a potential threat to your town. So I want the to be that you and your team beat the Orc lord. And it was the town of monsters that supported the brave young heroes by offering them supplies, weapons and food for the mission. This is a narrative that would really help me in my quest to be on good terms with the humans.

Fuze: I have a feeling that the kingdom of Blumund might be able to assist with this idea.

Rimuru: Huh? really?

Fuze: If I work with the ministers I know, we can spread the rumours to the neighboring nations.

Youm: Hey, why are you all gung-ho for this idea, too?! These are monsters!!

Fuze: If they felt like it, they could bring down an entire nation. To say nothing of what they could do to us right now. From what I've gathered, every one of the ten thousand monsters here is a named monster. I understand your consternation however forming a fellowship with them has meaning beyond just avoiding confusion.

Youm: What would that be?

Fuze: This all assumes of course that you really do not intend humanity any harm.

Rimuru: But of course. If you want, feel free to spend some time here. I'd be happy for you to learn more about us.

Fuze: That would be very appreciated.

Rimuru: That goes for you too, Youm. You are the linchpin of this whole idea. I'd be very happy if you accepted, but I'm not going to force you into it.

Youm: It's just not my style. I'm not cut out to play hero.

Milim: No not a "Hero." Heroes are a special kind of being, just like demon lords. Calling yourself a hero sets fate into motion. If you want to lead a long life and die old, better to be a "Champion."

Y/N: Wait, does that mean all heroes die really young as like some kind of rule?

Youm: Whadda you want, kid? The adults are talki-

Y/N: *Thumbs up* nice.

Shion: Lady Milim.

Rimuru: Y/N don't encourage her. Also this is the moment you choose for violence?

Milim: *Waving hands on the verge of crying* N-no, I didn't! But when he called me a "Kid," I just...