31.Fairy tales

Black energy swirled around Rimuru traveling up from the base of his feet until it reached the end of his outstretched hand pointing towards the people he had lost in front of him from the attack by the humans and he was determined to give them peace within himself by consuming them with gluttony.

The black energy became more intense as it began to spark out and stretch towards the view in front of him. "Um... Rimuru." Stopping the advance of his skill Rimuru glanced over his shoulder at Eren and her group who was watching the scene unfold.

Eren couldn't see the face of Rimuru thanks to his mask but she visibly flinched from the aura that protruded from him, but nonetheless, she continued. "I know the chances are low. In fact, they might as well be non-existent... But there is a way.

Rimuru knew all too well what Eren's goals were by sharing this information and he couldn't help but feel annoyed and angry "Stop it, Don't give me hope." his fist's scrunched tightly as he now completely turned to face Eren. 

"A fairy tale about bringing back the dead... It might seem made up to you. But it's based on historical fact so..." Eren trailed off as she heard a small giggle followed by a burst of laughter erupt from Rimuru confusing her and her fellow party members. "Rimuru?" she asked trying to determine if Rimuru was okay at the least.

"Sorry. I'm just feeling happy." He reached for his mask to remove it. beneath was a serious expression but he still held a small smile. "Resurrecting the dead? It sounds like a wild dream." Eren and her party felt happy that Rimuru seemed to somewhat return to his former self. "But if the possibility's greater than zero, that's enough. Tell me more, Eren." Rimuru requested which Eren happily obliged in doing so but not before moving the conversation to a more suitable location. 

That location is inside of the meeting room. Upon arrival, Eren and her group took a seat with Eren sitting on a couch and Gido and Kaval standing behind her. Before the conversation could resume Rimuru received a message through the use of a thread connecting him and Soeui together. "The western holy church's knights are in formations in every direction outside of the town. Each about the size of a company. They're protecting what looks to be a magical device. It would seem that these devices are generating the barrier around the city. Although it seems to the west that the formation of magic knights and their strength has been weakened somewhat."

"Can you neutralize them?" Rimuru pondered.

"One of them perhaps with a sneak attack." Souei responds in a somewhat hushed tone presumably because he was hiding from a magic knight. "All right. Don't put yourself in danger. Just keep an eye out for any other threats."

Souei responded with "Yes, sir." He then cut the communication short and went back to scouting leaving Rimuru to finally talk about a possible way to save his people and son.

"Sorry to make you wait, Eren." He took a seat in front of her. "Tell me more. What is this fairy tale about resurrecting the dead?"

"Okay." Eren Raised her hands to either side of her head just below her ears. Her ears then became visible through her blonde hair as they now resembled that of elf ears. Rimuru looked confused at this only now figuring out that Eren was an elf but did not comment on her change and only waited for her to begin the fairy tale.

"This is a story that is told within the sorcerous dynasty of Thalion. A story about a girl and a dragon." The following fairy tale told a story of a girl who was the child of a dragon and a human. This dragon gave a majority of its power to its child and crystalized what remained of its strength, and created a baby dragon, an incarnation of itself.

Then it sent that baby dragon to its child the dragon princess as a present. The young dragon princess became fast friends with the baby. It seemed as though their peaceful life would continue forever until one day tragedy struck. A great flourishing magic-wielding nation sought to control the dragon princess and attacked her baby dragon. The princess wept and lamented until her sorrow turned to fury.