24. The Merchant.

Bit of a shorter chapter sorry in advance.

No one Pov 

The sky dragon continued its assault against the walls of Engrassia, Firing bolts of lightning from its mouth and the citizens below causing them to run in panic and fear. One of these travelers items got destroyed by the dragon turning his whole inventory to cinders other than a few potions. 

"Yikes." The man said looking at the crater a few meters away. "Well I'm not waiting around here to die!" He quickly ran to what's left of his items to find anything that had survived the explosion. As he did in the distance he heard a child crying, he turned his head to see if he could locate this child and he did. It was a young girl crouched next to her mother who was bleeding profusely from her head and many other places.

Not caring for himself the man ran over to the child and her mother and pulled out one of the potions that had survived. He quickly popped it open and shoved the child out the way In a hurry and splashed the potion on the woman. "Wh-who are you mister? What did you do to my mommy?!" The small girl received no answer as the man only stared at the body hoping.

A few seconds after the mother started to open her eyes also all her wounds were healed. The small girl cheered, happy that her mother is back.

 "Fuze told me it was strong. But I couldn't have imagined this." The man though whilst he looked at the empty bottle in amazement. 

In midst of his thought he felt the ground shake as the sky dragon landed behind him. "Look out mister!" The young girl tried to warn him.

"I know it's there! Who do you take me for? I'm too important to die in a silly spot like this. Now begone before you get in my way!" Both the mother and child retreated to the city gates.

"That's right I'm a fortunate man. The fact that I have this potion in this situation is evidence of that. A natural born merchant would never succumb to death. In the face of such a business opportuni.." whilst he was having his inner monologue  behind him the dragon roared in pain before dropping to the ground with a audible thud. 

Merchant's Pov

I turn around in shock. Behind me was the dragon's dead body. What surprised me even more was the two individuals who were responsible for easily vanquishing the beast. One was a boy who looked around the age of 20 and he wielded some kind of scythe, the other person was... beautiful? No a Goddess..? Im pretty sure I was blushing looking at this person. I watched as the "woman" walked closer only to notice the potion bottle I used earlier.

 "Huh? This bottle." "She" picked it up examining it. "This is our healing solution. So you must be the merchant in Blumund who bought all our stock." In the background the dragon was attempting to flee its body shook as it tried to raise itself of the floor and blood poured everywhere from its wounds. It didn't get very far since the boy swiftly sliced its head off dropping its body once again to the floor. "Wanna clean this up?" The boy asked.

I watch as the person in front of me instantly makes the dragon body vanish? Who is this girl-er boy? Who are these people to be easily able to take care of a dragon?!

"I believe your name was Mjöllmile?" 

"You know who I am? Yes that's me, Gard Mjöllmile." 

"Then I was correct. And my name is... uh.." this person seemed odd.

"Your name is... "uh"? 

A few seconds of silence passed by till he talked again. "I'm just a boring teacher who happend to pass by. And that person is my assistant he pointed to the man standing behind him.