20. Adventurers test.

Y/N Pov 

"To meet children you see in your dreams?" At the moment we are taking a break and eating at a inn inside Blumund. I don't think neither Rimuru nor I needed to take a break but I guess our guides did.

"Yeah. Shizu left them behind when she died. The dreams seamed pretty meaningful to me."

"Well, in that case we can have our guild master write you a recommendation letter." Eren suggested. "The guilds headquarters are located in Engrassia. And from what I've heard, the grand master of the entire guild used to be Shizu's apprentice. The leader's name is Yuuki kagurazaka."

"In that case, take me to Fuze this afternoon." 

"Sure thing."

After everyone had finished their food we started our trip again.

"Oh yeah, boss." Kaval called. "If your going to Engrassia I recommend registering with the guild as an adventurer first." 

"Huh? Why?"

"Adventurers do most of their work outside of town, right?" Eren rummaged through her pockets searching for something eventually pulls out a small card. "This will prove your identity in any country that recognizes the guild." 

"In that case, I should do it." We then changed our course to the adventurers registration. We went inside a building and saw a few desks with people working at them I walked up with  Rimuru since I also decided that I want to be registered it might help in the future. The woman working at the desk noticed My and Rimuru's mask "About your masks, though. everyone likes the heroes, but don't you think you two need to earn it first?" Kaval comes to our rescue. "Now, now don't pick on these two." Erne then throws her arms around the two of us. "Believe it or not, the three of us combined wouldn't be enough to beat neither of these two in a fight." 

"That's right!" Even adds visibly shocking the desk worker.

I hear a few murmurs from the crowd of people behind us not all of them too nice. "You mean those two little shrimp are tougher then Kaval's party?"

"They're just kids..."

"I don't believe it." Another one said.

Thankfully Gido turned back to shut them up. "Would you mind not bein' rude to our guests, people?" 

A collective "sorry" was heard eventually the group left us alone.

"P-pardon me. I will approve the tests then. Please write your name and which division you'd like to join." The woman slides a form to both me and Rimuru. I see Rimuru tick the combat division and so I do the same and slide the form back once it is done. "The...Combat division? Are you both sure you want to do this? And not something safer like the harvesting or exploration divisions?" She tried to change our decision but we didn't to change our minds.

"It's a practical test, right? Harvesting and exploring take too long." The slime in hiding says.

"I know, but..."

"You've got a point." A man walks up to both dad and me. He had black hair and was scruffy looking he also has lost his right leg and replaced it with a peg-leg he also used a cane for support. "Who are you?" I ask 

"Thegis. Test administrator. If you're taking it, follow me." He begins to walk away slowly. "So come with Kaval's recommendation did you? Hah! Well, let's find out if your actually any good."

"Is it me, or does that guy really not like you?" Rimuru questioned Kaval. "I also thought that." I add in. "You think? Weird..." Kaval responds scratching his neck.