23. How to save the kids.

Bet you didn't expect another update so soon from I the lazy writer did ya? 

Nobody's Pov

It's been about a month since Rimuru declared that he would save the children from their cruel fates and since then other than having to come up with a way to save the kids Y/N and Rimuru have had a relatively easy time adjusting to their new life in the city and are rather enjoying it, except the awkward introduction that Rimuru forced Y/N to do in the front of the class. Regardless of that Y/N has been "accepted" into the class by the other kids and quickly became friends especially Ryota since Y/N could use flames rather efficiently he taught Ryota a couple things with his magic but didn't reveal any of his stronger abilities or that he is a kitsune.

At this current moment in time Rimuru is back in Tempest for a quick check up on how things are going whilst he left Y/N back in the city with work to do. Anyway a after few moments of being back in Tempest somehow ended up in a party being thrown. Rimuru quickly spread out some treats that he aquired from a bakery back in engrassia and of course most of them were consumed very quickly mainly by Shion. 

"Any problems running the town?" Rimuru asked benimaru.

"Not one my lord." He responded happily. "The Envoys from Eurazania are arriving like usual and the construction front, we've started building the inn that Blumund requested."

"Speaking of Blumund. A merchant visited and purchased a great quantity of hi-potions from us." Rigurd spoke making Rimuru look over in interest. "The merchant's name was Gard Mjöllmile. He said he would be visiting Engrassia next to do business."

"Maybe I'll run into him there." The slime wondered.

"Lord Rimuru. Please tell us about your experiences." Shuna asked. "I heard you are now a teacher in the human kingdom and that Y/N is one of your students."

"That he is and surprisingly most of the class likes Y/N but it's not all happy times over their." Rimuru then proceeded to explain the current situation of the children to everyone present.

Rigurd dabbed a cloth on his eye to remove any tears. "My word. Poor children, their bodies fated to crumble without stable magicules to support them." 

"It's a sad story, to be sure. But what do you hope to gain by helping them?" Benimaru bluntly asked.

Before Rimuru could answer Hakuro began to talk. "It will be a difficult task. Only a unique skill would have the power to stabilize such a vast amount of magical energy. And there is no guarantee that one would aquire such a skill, even after undertaking the severe requirements." Rimuru did seem to agree but had something else to add.

Rimuru then turned to the hobgoblin "Do you remember Shizu, Rigurd?" 

"Yes... of course."

"She was once in the same position as her pupils. But she was able to last longer because she was able to stabilize the magic."

"Yes... but we need to know how she did that first. And there is no longer any way to ask her." Rigurd concluded.

"As a matter of fact I have an idea. The key to all of this is in her fusion with Ifrit, the fire giant."

"Ifrit among the flame spirits, ifrit is a higher elemental, second only to royal rank in power." Shuna said.

Rimuru nodded. "That's right. When Shizu was a child, demon lord Leon fused Ifrit to her."

Out of nowhere Treyni spoke surprising many of the people in the room. "I see so the idea you've come up with is to place spirits within the children's bodies."