30. Loss

No one's Pov

Inside of the sealed cave that was used by Vesta for his research, he and the other dragon newts that also used the cave to grow hipokte grass are currently all in the same room watching the crystal ball held by Vesta as they attempted to contact anyone in Tempest.

"Any word from Benimaru, Sir Vesta?" Gabiru asked looking over his shoulder with his other dragon newt followers behind him.

Vesta shook his head. "Not since the message about Eurazania. And I can't establish a connection from here, either." 

"That's worrying..." Gabiru turned to the other dragon newts with him. "I will go and investigate. You stay here and protect Sir Vesta. Got that?" 

"Yes, sir." 

As Gabiru went to leave the cave he felt a presence all too familiar to him and rushed just outside the cave. Outside of the cave, a small ball of energy seemed to float until it expanded further and from it appeared Rimuru on the back of Ranga.

"Lord Rimuru!!" Gabiru smiled happily to see his leader return. 

Ranga swiftly submerged himself in his master's shadow leaving Rimuru quickly surveying his surroundings his eyes landing on Gabiru. A small smile formed as he felt happy to be back with his people.

Vesta then appeared at the exit of the cave and ran over to great Rimuru as well.

"Vesta, would you mind telling me what's going on?" The scientist nodded giving a quick rundown on what he believes to be happening and other bits of information he has gathered from others. "Tempest has been surrounded by some sort of barrier that impedes any outside influence not only that but a request from Eurazania for us to receive their refugees was sent not long ago the reason for this was due to Demon lord Milim's declaration of war on the Kingdom of Eurazania." Taking these into account Rimuru had a brief think on what the best course of action would be but was interrupted by another person appearing.

 Souei had teleported behind Rimuru greeting him. "I am glad to see you are well, Lord Rimuru."

"Souei?"

After another quick discussion with Souei Rimuru was lead towards his city with Soeui and the other members of the Shadow squad which consisted of Souka, Touka, Saika, Nansou, and Hokusou. Upon arrival, Rimuru completed some analysis on the barrier surrounding his city with the assistance of Great sage.

"Notice: Lowered Magicule density detected due to the effects of an anti-magic area centered inside this dome and the effects of a barrier placed around the city from the outside." Great sage concluded. "Lowered magicule density? like the holy field during my fight with Hinata?"

"Negative. The properties are the same, but I suspect this is a weakened version with less of a purifying effect. A multi-layered barrier should keep the effect at bay." With this new information from Great sage, Rimuru turned to Soeui and his team. "Looks like I can get inside. I'll deal with whoever set this up in the city." he pointed over his shoulder at the barrier. "You go with Souka and search for whoever is creating the barrier from the outside. And if you think you can win, neutralize them without killing anyone."

"Yes, sir," Souei bowed. before he left he turned back to Rimuru. "... I suspect this is only the beginning. Please be on guard. One of the parties responsible may be a human nation. Falmuth has initiated military activity and is now approaching Tempest. I had already spotted a small camp outside of Tempest I assume it was some sort of scouting unit but on further investigation, they had already been attacked by something and have evacuated." With that Souei and the rest of the Shadow squad disappeared to complete their newly assigned mission.