6: Aftermath.

After the battle had finished Treyni showed up and said some stuff I can't remember all of it but I do know that she mentioned we're having something like a meeting between the Orcs, lizardmen and us, and that's where we are at now.

It's the next day and I'm sitting on a bench next to Shion who has Rimuru on her lap, and Souei, Hakurou aswell as Benimaru are standing behind us. The right of us are 10 Orc representatives from their survivors. And to the left are the lizardmen also Treyni is also here at the meeting. There are also a couple of the goblin riders with us.

Rimuru: "Uhhh... this is a first for me. I'm not sure how to proceed. So I'll start by saying what i think. Then I want all to discuss. First of all, I want to be absolutely clear. I have no intentions of judging the Orcs for their crimes. That might not sit well with the lizardmen, who were their primary victims but hear me out first. I'll explain the causes and circumstances that led to this armed uprising of theirs." Rimuru began to explain the events of what happened to and why led up to the Orc lords birth. After he finished explaining I think most people in the meeting may have felt a little more forgiving to the Orcs. That's what I think anyway.

Lizardman chieftain: "I see. A great famine... and this majin named gelmud."

Rimuru: "That's right. That does not mean that invasion and pillaging is forgiven of course. But based on their desperate situation they do not have resources to pay for the losses they caused. Now everything I said is what ought to be said they're polite excuses."

Lizardman chieftain: "Excuses? Then may I ask what you truly feel?"

Rimuru: "I have accepted all the Orcs sins. If you have any problems with that, you come to me." One of the Orcs sprung out of his seat after hearing what Rimuru said.

Orc 1: "P-please you can't say that! It's just not fair for you to..."

Y/N: "Whatever you say Orc it's not going to change his mind."

Rimuru: "Besides, that was my promise to geld, the Orc disaster."

Lizardman chieftain: "I understand. But there is something foul about that answer, I feel."

Benimaru: "There is one unchanging rule that is shared among all monsters. The strong eat the weak. Anyone who opposes this must understand the consequences."

Lizardman chieftain: "Why... you must be another kijin, like Souei! Survival of the fittest... yes, I suppose you're right. It would not reflect well upon the lizardmen if I raised a fuss about this now."

Rimuru: "Are you sure?"

Lizardman chieftain: "You are the victor of this war, lord Rimuru. I cannot disagree with your decision. But that matter aside... there is one thing I must ask you. If you do not judge the Orcs for their sins... then do you intend for all of them to stay in this forest?"

Rimuru: "Good question. They lost much of their number in the battle, but there are still at least 150,000 of them."

Y/N: "What about if we work and help them build their own homes?"

Rimuru: "I had similar idea but much bigger. What if all the different races living in the forest formed a kind of alliance? We'll split up the Orcs into various areas first. And they'll provide physical labor in their new home regions."

Lizardman chieftain: "And in exchange, we'll give them food and a place to live, you mean?"

Rimuru: "That's right. We can rely on the professionals in our town to provide them with technical support for homes. It won't be free of course since we're short handed the Orcs will Be providing their own labor. When you've learned the tools of the trade, then you'll be able to build your own villages. Then you and your scattered people will be able to live together once again. Ultimately, I think it'd be kind of cool to build a nation where diverse species coexist."