23°

°~ Baseball game ~°

°~ Baseball game ~°

Just because I need something to get my mind off everything. That's what Hwang Chaerin has been telling herself for the past half an hour. Right now she is walking to the baseball stadium. She needed time for herself and she knew that this was a perfect chance. She thanked Ryu Hyung Jin for giving her free tickets, telling her that Jukyung rejected him, telling him how she likes someone else.

I'm not the type of person who digs through someone else's private life, but it really intrigued me. Who is the guy who Jukyung likes? I really hope for Suho that's him, but at the same time, I hoped for Seojun too. Because I don't want them to get heartbroken. Because I know how it feels. And I don't want them to feel that.

She looks around to look for a good spot and then spotted her best friend almost brother, Lee Suho. She smiles and runs up to him.

"Ya dumbass!~" I hugged him from behind, but then when he didn't move. I got away and looked in front of him, to see no one else than Han Seojun. 

Really? Does life hate me that much? I gulped when guys pushed me to sit between them. Third-wheeling again, Hwang Chaerin? You really like that job.

"Is Lim Jukyung coming?" I hear Suho asks me. I shook my head, looking at the field. It is a beautiful day today.

"No. She won't come. I don't know the reason though." I say. He nods in understanding. There were uncomfortable silence and an aura that made me feel shivers. 

"Oh, there he is!" I looked at the field and cheered. Then the song Jjiniya came and I jumped singing along. After the song finished, I sat back down.

" This is going to be fun," Seojun says, but it sounded like he was convincing himself.

"Enjoy," Suho replies distantly. 

"Ryu Hyung Jin! Ryu Hyung Jin!" I shout along with the crowd, as guys next to me kicked with balloons, clearly uninterested. They cheered when everyone was standing and it made me even uncomfortable. 

"I heard that someone from the major league is coming to watch Ryu Hyung Jin. Daebak, does that mean that he will go to the USA if he wins today?" One random guy says. I looked at them along with Suho and Seojun. 

"Of course!" I stood up happy for the both of guys. I waved with balloons and cheered.

"The best pitcher Ryu Hyung Jin! The best pitcher Ryun Hyung Jin!" Both of me joined me and suddenly the mood around us changed.

I sat down and watched the match. I felt my cheeks slightly getting red when I realized that I'm sitting on Seojun's right side. But then suddenly Hyung Jin scores another strike and I jumped cheering. Suddenly Seojun jumped too and grabbed my hands jumping along with me.

My brain stopped functioning as I looked at him, my eyes slightly widened. His hands are big comparing to mine, but also soft and warm. He realizes what he was doing and quickly separated from me, sitting back in his seat. I sat back slowly, a small smile playing on my lips. Suho nudges me with his elbow and smiled a little bit. I felt my face going hot and I shook my head slightly.

" AND STRIKE! RYU HYUNG JIN DID IT! THEY WON!" The commentator shouts and everyone cheered, but before I could even stand up Seojun and Suho hugged each other and jumped up and down, laughing.

My eyes widened, but I quickly pulled out my phone and took a picture of it. I placed the phone in my pocket as the duo breaks away cringing. Then they looked at me and both engulfed me in a hug.

It reminded me of when Seyeon, Suho, and I did this. Whenever we watched soccer or played games. I placed my arms around both of them and smiled. Happiness overtook me and we separated away. 

"Shall we go?" I ask them. They both nodded and we walked downstairs towards the exit. There was silence, but it seems like they both calmed a little bit down.

"Did you have fun?" Suho asks, turning to us. I stood on Suho's side, shrugging.

"I sure did," I said nonchalantly.  And damn, I just noticed how Seojun's outfit slays today. I just loved his sense of fashion. Like wow.

"Yes, it was fun." Seojun nods, turning to us.

"Really? I didn't. I only came here because I thought that Jukyung will be here. I was nervous." Suho says honestly. I sigh. How we always end up talking about Jukyung?

I mean I love her and everything. She is the nicest and the most innocent person I ever met, but is she their only topic? I noticed Seojun looking down and he had some guilty look on his face.

"That's why I came today. But you just came to watch baseball. Right?" Suho asks him. I looked away already knowing the answer, but I hoped that he won't say it in front of me. The only idiot wouldn't see that he likes her.

"Yes, I told you already. Why are you asking me twice? See you. " He looks at Suho and then at me. "See you...Blondie."

With that, he walks away and we both turned around too. Why he lied to Suho...? Maybe he still looks at him like a friend...Like how Suho still sees him.

"Ya Lee Suho!" We heard him shout. We turned around to see him walking up to us.

"Okay, fine. To be honest, I only came here because I like Jukyung. Am I not allowed to like her?"

Damn, why did you said that out loud? Why you had to say that in front of me? I felt my heart tightening in my chest, as the guy in front of me seemed so close yet so far away from me. Too far away from me.

My lips got dry, as my eyes slowly got teary. Both Suho and I were affected by what he said. Feeling out of breath, I used the opportunity that guys were glaring at each other to walk away.

I couldn't stay to look at Han Seojun anymore. I didn't have any strength in me. I heard shouts behind me, but I got to one empty taxi and got inside. I told driver my house address. He started driving off and I looked to see Suho out of breath, looking at the car.

Of course, why would Han Seojun run after me?

When I arrived home, I just went straight to my bedroom. I threw myself on the bed, letting tears I have been saving until now. 

"Miss is everything okay?" I hear Maria say behind me. I sobbed, trying to stop crying, but I couldn't.

"M-Maria... Have you ever been so sad that it physically hurts you inside...?" I ask, taking off the jacket and throwing it somewhere. I turned towards Maria, her blue eyes looking at me sadly.

"Rainbow always come after the darkest storm. " She says, sitting down on my bed. I looked at her, tears still flowing down my face. My eyes felt puffy and my lips too dry.

"I... didn't know what real love meant until I met him... But now I found out how it feels when you are broken hearted." I say looking down at my lap.

Images flashed through my mind when I met him, when he helped me against bullies, when he hugged me, when we argued together against Sunho, when he came to save me, when I was at his home, when he conforted me...

That made me feel like crap. Were those moments meant nothing to him...?

"Is it Han Seojun? Maybe when the time is right... You will find each other, Chaerin. I'm sure of it." She smiles at me and then stands up, saying that she will make my favorite cookies. When she closed the doors, I again dropped on the bed, tears still dropping down my face.

"He broke my heart... But I still love him with all my pieces."

Note: How did you like today's chapter? Pretty please tell me your opinions💖