01.

★ 𝐍𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐇 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 ★                                 ᴊᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ 1sᴛ, 2021

                           ᴊᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ 1sᴛ, 2021

" nurse nirah ? " my co-worker called out.

" yes destiny." I said walking out a patient's room.

" can you check up on room 89B for me, then you can be done for the night." she said giving me a light smile.

" I got you." I said fixing my scrubs.

i watched as destiny walked down the long white hall, i checked my watch, it was bout' a quarter after eight.

i walked to the nearest elevator, waiting for the doors to open, i was excited to get off work, it was tiresome.

as the elevator doors opened, i stepped in and clicked floor 3, since that room was on the third floor.

the elevator made a little creaking noise, before coming to a compelete stop, i swear one of these days somebody is gone be stuck in the elevator, and it's not gone be my ass.

i walked out as soon as the doors opened making a instantly right, walking down the shortish - longish hallway.

i stopped at a beige door, that had 89B on it, i knocked, waiting for someone to say come in or come open the door.

one thing about me i don't like knocking then opening the door, i like to wait to make sure im not gone walk in nothing. i don't wanna see no strong ass booty cheeks in the air.

" come in." a male said, i took a deep breathe before walking in the room.

3 males sitting in the chairs, and 1 male in the hospital bed.

" hi, im nurse nirah, im just here to make sure you're alright and give you your pain killers." i said plastering a smile on my face.

he just gave me straight mug, didn't say nothing just a mug.

" do you already have some water ? " I asked as I rummaged through my pocket for the pill bottle.

" nah." he said he had a deep voice.

" hmm okay, I'll go get you some." I said walking out the room.

I hate rude patients or mean patients like damn, I'll poison yo ass and they won't never know.. lemme stop being silly.

I put in a dollar into the vending machine, and clicked a1 for a water bottle.

once I heard the water bottle drop into the little slot thing, I bent down and grabbed it, and then making my way back to the patient's room.

I knocked on the beige door again, waiting for someone to say come in, I don't like invading people's privacy.

" come in." the same deep voice from earlier said.

I walked in leaving the door cracked opened I set the water bottle down on the table next to him, and I took out the bottle of pain killers, opening the top.

" what's your pain scale 1 - 10 ? " I asked looking at him.

" I'll say bout' ah six in ah half." he said looking dead at me.

I nodded giving him two painkillers, I screwed the top back on the pills putting them back in my pocket, I turned to leave.

" nurse nirah, you remind me of the 20 letters of the alphabet." the dude in the chair said.

I gave him a awkward smile, I could've sworn there was 26 letters in the alphabet.

" niggas there's 26 letters in the alphabet." the dude next to him said as he nudged him.

I shifted my weight to my other leg.

" silly me, how can I forget the U R A Q T." he said smiling showing his pearly whites.

" cute."  i said chuckling a little.

" son, you stupid that's only 25." the dude in the hospital bed spoke up.

" nigga you needa go back to school yo ass can't count." the dude next to him said running his hands through his hair.

"' oh my fault, silly me you can get that D later." he said smiling looking dead at me.

" what the actual fuck, I'm out something wrong with yall." I said rushing out the room.

I go to the nearest elevator, and pressed the button.

that's exactly like I don't like it here sometimes, niggas be weird, especially older men, but these dudes look like they 16-18.

the elevator opened, and I stepped in, I clicked first floor since I was getting ready to leave.

" what the hell just happened." I mumbled to myself as I ran my hands through my hair.

the elevator made a little creaking noise, and then came to a complete stop.

I stepped out and headed to the back where all my stuff was at.

" hey nirah." christy greeted me giving me a hug.

" hey C. you getting ready to leave too ? " I asked sliding on my winter coat.

" girl yes, Im going to go pour me some wine and chill." she said laughing.

" as you should." I said smiling grabbing my purse.

I exited out the room and walked down the hallway to the lobby.

out of curiosity I asked the front desk lady about the patient in room 89B

" hey ciara what's the patient in 89B name ? " I asked leaning on the desk.

" his name is dooter. dooter bailey." she said typing on the computer.

" mmm." I said nodding." his name sound like diaper, what kind of name is that ? I mean I see if it's like a nickname but a actual name, his parents gotta be ghetto."

she chuckled, " shit I was going to name my child baresha."

" you know what." I said lowly laughing." have a nice night."

I grabbed my keys out of my purse, walking out the main doors.

I walked to my Kia Sorento, unlocking the doors and sliding in, instantly locking the doors after.

never can be too safe.

I put my keys in the ignition, and turned on the heat.

" dooter." I mumbled. " uhuh these names now and days, it's a cute name though, it fits him."

______________

𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒍🤍 𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒇 𝒊 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒆𝒕, 𝒊 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒍... 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔𝒔 𝒚𝒆𝒂.