04.

★ 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐘★ 
                            ᴊᴀɴᴜɴᴀʀʏ 9ᴛʜ 2021

" dooter." my ma said cuffing the sides of my face.

" ma, i shouldve never did dumb shit that's my fault, now im sorry." i said as tears fell.

" it's okay dooter, we're going to find a way to pay for the hospital expenses, we got this dooter don't stress yourself out." my ma said running her hands down my face.

" i feel like im putting more stress on you and dad, yall are barely scraping by, and now this." i said running my hands threw my hair.

" it's okay dooter, don't stress yourself out, i love you okay." she said placing a kiss on my forehead.

" i love you too mom." i said watching her walk out.

i should've never been involved with them niggas, i wouldn't have put my ma in this fucking predictament.

ever since i got shot it just went downhill from there, my ma lost her job, meaning they're only depending on my dads money to help them pay rent and bills, sometimes it barely even covers the rent, that's where i pitched in getting into the streets for fast money, i gave em 20% of the profit i made to help em.

sometimes they couldn't even put food on the table, or get groceries, so everybody had to fend for theyself, they kicked me out because they couldn't simply take care of me anymore they didn't have the funds, so ive been couch hopping.

my ma is waiting to get a call back from this one place she applied at which im proud of, and my dad he got a raise, they still barely scraping by though and still doesn't have enough funds to let me move back in, but im a young adult now, i needa get it on my own.

                   ★ 𝐍𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐇 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 ★

" nurse nirah, can you go run some tests on patient bailey, he should be able to leave in 5 or 4 days." christy asked handing me a clipboard.

" yes." I said grabbing the clipboard before walking down the hall and turning a left, I remember a middle aged woman came and asked what room he was in, it's probably his mother.

I didn't mean to easedrop but it just happened.

" ma, I should've never did that dumb shit, that's my fault." dooter said, he sounded like he was crying.

" it's okay dooter, we're going to find a way to pay for the hospital expenses, we got this dooter don't stress yourself out." his ma said reassuring him.

she's a good mother..

" i feel like im putting more stress on you and dad, yall are barely scraping by, and now this."

" it's okay dooter, don't stress yourself out, i love you okay."

I walked back down the hall I came from, to make it seem like I wasn't easedropping.

me and his mother passed each other, she was pretty, he had got his looks from her definitely.

" dooter can I come in." I asked knocking on the door.

" yes nirah, you don't have to ask everytime." he said chuckling a little as I walked in.

I gave him a faint smile, as I placed the clipboard down.

" so I have good news." I said sliding on my gloves.

" o'lord, what's the good news ? " he asked sitting up. " you finally know how to say my name correctly is that the good news."