65.

August 24th, 2021.

" Come on, baby they out here waiting for us." I stood in the doorway watching Nirah finish moisturizing her face.

" I'm coming, let me just snap these pictures real quick." She said I smiled watching her take her pictures, she was so beautiful and she knew it.

" She said I smiled watching her take her pictures, she was so beautiful and she knew it

" I look like a bald eagle, maybe I should put on lashes." She frowned and I sucked my teeth.

" You look beautiful, baby." I grabbed her arm, pulling her out the bathroom lifting her chin with one finger to give her a kiss." Now, come on let's go have fun before I leave."

We made our way outside to Nirah's backyard, the sun was beating down on us, Wobble by V.I.C blared loudly through the speakers. We were having a little goodbye party.

It wasn't that many people beside, Dooter, Jay, Destiny, Zion and her girlfriend, Ms.Powell, my father and a few other friends.

Nirah turned to me," I'm gone go talk to Dessy okay baby?"

I nodded my head, watching her walk over to dessy who sitting down by herself, it's been 2 weeks and one day since we buried Mere and I'm glad to see her out the house.

I made my way over to Dooter, who was grilling hotdogs he nodded his head to the beat as he flipped the wieners.

" I see ya' throwing down on the grill, looking like my uncle down in the dirty south." I joked shaking my head at his outfit, he had on Jorts, jesus sandals with long nike socks, and a plain button up with a straw hat.

" Boy shutcho ass up, this how you know the food finna be good." He said smacking his teeth taking the just perfectly burnt hotdogs off the grill," You wish you knew how to cook."

Ima learn how to cook one day.

" Mane whatever you say, I'm gone be the next chef Ramsay in this bitch my girl be throwing down and she finna teach me." I boasted proudly staring at Nirah.

" Tuhh." He scoffed throwing the raw ribs on the grill," You can't even compare to what Nirah be cookin' in that kitchen."

" Aye bro, Congratulations." Jay congratulated me as we slapped hands," You gone do the crate challenge after him?"

I shook my head," Nah I'm cool." Glancing at the overweight boy going up the stack of crates." Who tf is that?"

" Man," he sucked his teeth and pulled up his grey nike shorts," That's my nigga Joseph."

" Well, tell Joseph get his ass off that mfkn crate, that shit screaming help me!" I stared at the black crate slowly falling in.

" Aye big boy, you better get to moving before you and that damn crate fall in!" Dooter blurted, making me and Ms.Powell grasp and Dessy bust out into laughter.