43.

" I guess you wanted to be my peon." He said pointing to our matching shoes." You into shoes?"

" Not really, I know what most of them are called though." I shrugged." I buy whatever I find cute."

" I get that, how you been?"

" Good." I said looking out the window, trying to be good at-least, but I'm happy." What about you?"

" I've been great, my birthday coming up." He said, a smile began to form on his face." Speaking of that, I want you to come to my birthday dinner."

" When's your birthday?"

" April 7th."

The waitress then came, she was darkskin, with long wavy hair and glasses. I love darkskin women," Hi, my name is Kai, I'll be your waitress today I'll take you guys drinks first."

" Do you guys have Sprite?" I asked staring at the drink section of the menu.

" Sierra Mist." She said writing it down," What can I get for you sir?"

It's the same damn thing but hey.

" I'll have a cherry Pepsi." He said, she nodded writing down his drink," Are you guys ready to order yall food?"

" No." We shook our head browsing through the menu.

She nodded," I'll come back in a few."

We browsed through the menu some more, a few moments later our drinks came and he discussed about his birthday dinner, we also talked about some of our interests. Kai came back and we ordered our food.

" I didn't know you used to play volleyball." He said taking a sip out his drink." It's kinda funny seeing folks get hit in the face with the ball."

" Yeah, I loved playing it back in Highschool, it's crazy how them three years went by so fast." I reminisced." Saying I wish I was grown when I was mad, I wish I was ten now."

" Boah." He said in agreement." Me and you both, being an adult is overrated, yeah we get to do whatever we please but it's expensive, if I knew life was finna be like this I would've started saving up in kindergarten."

" Hell yeah!" I agreed, chuckling a bit." Would've started saving every penny I had."

Our trays of food came out, I ordered the classic Friday's combo, boneless wings, loaded potato skins and mozzarella sticks on the side.

I finished up my boneless wings and loaded potato skins, Javier stared at me while I ate." Damn, lil lady you sure know how to put it away." He joked.

I mugged him, before flicking him off." Stop playing with me bro!"

" I mean shit, ain't nothing wrong but you throwing down, I ain't judgin." He threw his hands up in defense." Next time we go out, we  going to an all you can eat buffet."

We finished our food and the bill came, $47. I began reaching in my purse to pay for myself.

" Girl uhtun."

" What?" I asked looking up.

" Nah, I got it." He said leaving a $50 bill in the book, I tipped her a $20.

He pulled into the driveway of my house." Well, this you."

" Yeah." I said grabbing my purse." I'll text you."

" Alright." He responded," Don't forget birthday dinner the 7th, starts at 8 I can come get you if you want, it's going to be at prime 47, so you should already know dress nice."