Dwayne Imagine

I was so excited. Today is my birthday, and it's also the day that I am going horseback riding with my boyfriend. I'm scared but excited. I've ridden horses before, but it has been at least 1 year since I last rode. "It's gonna be okay. You'll still be able to ride, " Dwayne says trying to ease my nerves. I just nod. We get to the barn and everything comes back to me. I grin as the familiar smell of horses enters my nose. He smiles as he sees me smiling. I grab his hand and run to the tack room. We get the brushes and tack. He leads me to a beautiful black mare. "Oh my God, "I gasp. This was the horse that I had before I had to move to Minnesota. When we moved I had to sell her. "This is Southern Belle. You already know that though. She's a little bit of a handful but you can handle her, " he says grinning. I hug him as tight as I can. "I didn't know if you knew that we were the ones that had bought her. Your mom said that you didn't. So I wanted to surprise you. Happy birthday. You ready to get started?" I nod as I start to brush her down. We tack up the horses and walk out of the barn. I climb on her and wait for Dwayne. "See Y/N you haven't lost it, " Dwayne says smiling. "I know, " I reply. We start riding down a couple of trails. We talk about anything and everything. We enjoy each other's company. Before we know it, it's almost dark. "Come one. Let's race, " Dwayne says challenging me. "Okay. Ready! Set! Go!" I holler as we both take off. I just realized how much I had missed this. I had missed her so much. We beat Dwayne and his horse George back home. I was laughing the whole way.  "Dang. Now I know why you two have all of those trophies, " he said as we both climbed off. We brushed them down. Afterward, we went inside and both git a shower. We ate some food his mom had made. We were both tired so we went and laid down. "Thanks for today Dwayne. It was the best birthday ever, " I say grinning up at him. "You're welcome Darlin'," he replies as I kiss him. We lay back down and soon after I fall asleep to his heartbeat.