Adam Imagine

Adam has been avoiding me lately. Instead, he's been hanging out with Julie. She's my best friend. I know I should trust them, but he liked her before.
"Y/n, you good? You kinda zoned out there for a while," Kenny says.
"Yeah, I was just thinking. I hope Adam doesn't cancel our date tonight. He's canceled the last three," I replied.
"Maybe he won't. There he is now. Why don't you go talk to him? Maybe it'll make you feel better."
I start to walk to him, but Julie cuts me off. She whispers something in his ear, and they start laughing. Adam looks up and sees me standing there. I pretend I didn't see them talking. I smile as he walks up to me. He grabs my waist and kisses me gently.
"You excited about our date tonight?" I ask smiling.
"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to cancel. Something came up," he says as he looks down.
"Oh okay," I say disappointed.
"I'll make it up to you I promise," he says sounding desperate.
"I know, but I wanted to spend some time with you before my birthday tomorrow. You know, just the two of us. I mean this is the third time in the last two weeks that something has come up." I was angry and I was not going to hide it any longer.
"I know and I'm so sorry. It's just I've been busy, and I'm a little stressed. There just seems to not be enough time in the day for everything," he says sounding apologetic.
"Whatever, I'll talk to you later," I say and turn around. I keep waiting for him to call me back and apologize but he doesn't.
He doesn't come to lunch so I decide to go look for him. Sure enough, he's sitting in the library with Julie. Julie looks up with a panicked look on her face and bumps his shoulder. I don't give him time to see me. I turn on my heel and go to the bathroom. I call my mom and tell her that I don't feel so good. She comes and picks me up.
   As soon as I get home, I start boxing up all of the things that Adam bought me, and all of his stuff that's at my house. I bring all of his stuff downstairs. I call Scooter and I ask him to come by my house. Less than fifteen minutes later I hear a knock at my door.
   "Hey, did you know that Julie and Adam are looking all over the school for you? Wait, have you been crying? Talk to me, kid," he says as soon as he steps inside my house.
   "No, I didn't know, and yes I have been crying. Before you ask all if this stuff belongs to Adam. I'm pretty sure that he is cheating on me with Julie. He's blown off three dates in the past two weeks, and he's been ditching me to hang out with her. The night of the first date he canceled Connie saw them hanging out together. The same thing happened the night of the second date, but this time Russ saw them together. I'm willing to bet that they'll be together tonight. Hell, Rick saw them the other day leaving Adam's house when he drove by. So, I've decided that if she wants him then she can have him. I called you because you're the most level-headed person that I know. Do you think that I'm overreacting?" I ask. It takes him a moment to answer.
  "Have you talked to him about him and Julie?" he asks.
  "Yes. He just says that they were studying or working on hockey drills, but I know that they liked each other in the past. It just doesn't add up Scooter. Especially when I asked Julie and she said something completely different. I know that they are lying to me, but I'm not sure if they are cheating or not. My head is telling me to run and leave them both. My heart is telling me that there's more going on than I realize," I say as I sink into the couch. He sits next to me and pulls me close.
"Maybe you just need to take a break from them for a while. Not break up necessarily but go on a break. It's obvious that you still love him and that you still care about Julie," Scooter says as my phone goes off.
I look and what I see confirms my fears. It's Guy saying that he saw Julie and Adam hugging half-naked in the locker room. He even sent a picture. He kept apologizing.
"You know what fuck the benefit of the doubt. We are gonna drop his shit off at his house and say good riddance to his ass," Scooter says as he sees my phone.
   We load up the boxes into his car and head to Adam's house. We put the boxes in his driveway and drive back to my house.
    "I'm sorry that I was wrong," Scooter says as we walk into my house.
    "At least I found out before I unboxed everything," I say trying to laugh a little. Scooter opens his arms and I run into them sobbing. He holds me for a while before there's a knock at the door. It's Guy, Dean, Fulton, Connie, and Kenny.
    Connie hugs me so tight. As soon as she lets me go I run into Fulton's arms. He picks me up and takes me back upstairs to my room. I cried the whole way there.
    "I'm so sorry Y/n," Guy apologizes.
    "It's not your fault. I had my suspicions, but you helped confirm them. All of you did. I had his stuff boxed up and ready to go. I even called Scooter so he could take me to his house. We had decided to wait and give them the benefit of the doubt when you texted. I knew then that I needed to give his stuff back to him and move on. Thank you guys, for being honest with me," I say as I hug him.
   "Of course. We'd be shitty friends if we didn't."
"I think I need to stay home tomorrow."
   "Hell no,  you are getting out of this house on your birthday even if I have to drag you out of here kicking and screaming," Dean replied shaking his head.
    "Whatever Dean. I think I need a little time alone to let everything sink in," I say shyly.
    "Of course. Call us if you need us, and let me know if they try to get in contact with you," Connie says hugging me. We all hugged and they left. I turned my phone back on to see hundreds of texts and calls from Adam and Julie. I just left them. I went downstairs and ordered some food. After I ate I got a good hot shower and went to sleep earlier than usual.

Adam's Pov:
  Julie and I finally got Y/n's birthday presents and the party settled. I hate that I hurt her feelings earlier, but hopefully, she'll forgive me. Julie said that she ran off after seeing us in the library. I hope that she didn't get the wrong idea.
   "I have a really bad feeling about this whole thing Adam. I mean she just took off after seeing us in the library what if she thinks you're cheating on her with me," Julie says as we are getting ready for practice.
   "She won't think that. She knows I love her and she knows that you wouldn't ever do anything to hurt her," I reply.
   "Yeah, but you have to admit that we have been spending a lot of time together. I mean Rick said that he saw us the other night. What if he told Y/n?"
    "He wouldn't. He wouldn't want to upset her but she did question me as to why you were at my house I told her that we were working on hockey drills."
   "Connie saw us at the restaurant the night we went to book it. I know she saw us and told her. Y/n asked me about it and I told her that you hurt me at practice accidentally and that you took me out to eat to make up for it." I tensed instantly.
    "She asked me about that too. I told her that we were studying. God Julie, she knows that we lied. We are screwed."
    "Oh god what are we gonna do," Julie says as she begins to panic. I hug her to calm her down.
    "I don't know, but we will figure it out," I answer. We then finished getting dressed and left the locker room. Guy was on his phone just outside of the locker room, but I didn't think anything of it. He kept giving us dirty looks throughout practice.
    After practice, Julie and I went to my house.  When we got there, we saw two boxes in my driveway. We brought them inside and opened them.  To my surprise, it was some of my stuff. As I dug through I realized that it was stuff I had given Y/n. I began to panic. I snatched the other box from Julie and it was the same thing.
   "She thought the worst," I say as I almost start crying.
    "How do you know?"
     "These boxes are full of stuff I left at her house, and gifts that I've given her."
      "Oh, Adam. I'm so sorry. Maybe we can call her and try to explain," Julie suggests.
      "It won't work. If she took it this far it won't work," I say as my voice breaks.
     "We can still try," Julie replies softly. For the next three hours, I try to call and text her. I got no reply. The same thing with Julie. We are in deep crap. I decide to go to her house. When I get there her mom answers the door.
    "Is Y/n home?" I ask urgently.
     "I picked her up from school early because she didn't feel good, but a new advancement has been made in my diagnosis of her ailment," she says looking me up and down. I decide to tell her the whole story. By the time I'm done, I'm crying like a baby. She invites me inside and sits me down on the couch. I hear the stairs creak as Y/n comes down. As soon as she sees me she gets angry.
    "What do you want?" she asks as her voice shakes.
     "To fix this. I wasn't cheating on you with Julie, I promise," I say taking a step towards her.
     "Then what were you doing? I have evidence that makes it seem like you were cheating. I tried to even give you the benefit of the doubt but then Guy sends me a picture of the two of you hugging in the locker room. And he said that you were talking about how you hoped I didn't know."
     "That was taken way out of context."
      "Then what was the real context because you've been lying to me and I can't stand it. If you still liked Julie then you shouldn't have been with me," she says her voice breaking.
       "Oh, baby. We were planning a surprise birthday party for you, and we worked together on deciding what presents to get," I said as I cupped her face.
       "Really?"
      "Yes. I promise."
      " I feel so stupid right now. I'm sorry that I didn't trust you. Please don't hate me," she says sobbing.
      "I could never hate you. If I were in your shoes, I would do the same thing. Especially when people that you trust were seeing the same thing that you were," I say holding her right. I stayed there the rest of the night. We went to school the next day and I explained everything to our friends. Thankfully school went pretty normally. Her party was a success and she loved it, and all of her gifts.
    She and I went back to her house and had fun just the two of us. We watched movies. Well, correction a movie was on but it didn't get watched.
    I'm all glad that she forgave me. I don't know what I would have done if she hadn't. It kind of hurts that she assumed I was cheating, but I would have done the same thing if she started hanging out with Charlie out of the blue. I fell asleep thanking god that she was mine.